Disappointed with Spring/Summer Bags

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I'm very sad to say this, but so far I've really been disappointed with the 2008 S/S MJ bags (from what I've seen). The only bag which has sparked any interest in me is the Gray bag and even that one, I don't think I'd be crushed if I was unable to find one (altho I do still have plans to buy it in Raspberry). I LOVE some of the colors (Oak, Taupe, Raspberry, Sapphire, Plum, Dark Grey), but the styles and leathers just aren't doing it for me. I know the Bruna & Casey bags have been popular among PFers, as has the Cecelia, but they're not really my style. The Bruna & Casey bags are pretty and admittedly I admired the Oak Bruna tonite at Nordstroms, but that belt on the front -- it just seems so silly and pointless. And with no longer shoulder straps, it would make it difficult to carry on a regular basis. I was also loving the Mika bag after seeing it posted on MJs site months ago (and then seeing tadpole's pics!) and all the other color block bags that I've seen online & in mags. I figured that I'd be adding one of those to my collection, but after seeing one of them tonite (the color block Hobo), I can't say that I'm all that thrilled anymore. I'm really disappointed in the leather on those bags - it reminds me of a scratchy sweater that my mom made me wear as a kid!!

My disappointment goes beyond the styles - the fact that Nordstroms won't be carrying the stam this season is really a let down. Sure, I can check out Neimans, Saks and Barneys, but so far (according to their websites) the only colors I'm seeing are Raspberry (which is too pink for me), Ivory, Brown, Black and Cherry Tart. After hearing that there's a Plum and Dark Grey Stam, I'm interested in those colors, but I'd really rather see the color IRL first (or at least in a pic) before ordering one directly from an MJ boutique. But then again, paying $1500 for another stam, I dunno - I think I would much rather spend that $$$ on a NEW style, then on one of which I already own three of (finding one on sale - now that would be another story!!)

I mentioned in another post that I had seen a Chloe bag tonite for $1600 that was so beautiful. I loved everything about it - the color, shape, leather, style. I'm so bummed that NONE of the S/S bags from MJ's collection has made me feel the way I feel about that Chloe bag. I can't seem to get that bag out of my mind, and am determined to buy one (whether on sale or full price) -- That's the way I've always felt about MJ bags and it saddens me that he's just not doing it for me this season:crybaby::crybaby:

Has anyone else found that they feel the same way? Is anyone else disappointed with MJ's S/S line or has everyone found a bag that they can't wait to get their hands on?? Am I alone in my sadness and disappointment?? Maybe I should just wait and see what F/W brings to the stores -- at least my pocketbook might get a rest!! (unless I found an Alyona, a fully leather lined Hudson or a Mouse Grey Stam on ebay!!)

i wasnt really that into any of theh s/s bags either- but now that i have my hands on the mercer ew tote- i'm really loving it. i also really like the quilted mary (i know it was resort) but thats just about the only other thing i really have my eye out for.

however, i wanted to add that i think i generally feel this way about the s/s bags and that i almost always prefer the fall collection. there is always a richer, heavier, classier look to them, imho.

I haven't really seen any of the S/S line IRL, but the ones that the ladies have gotten lately are very pretty. :yes: I think that my love currently is with the Resort line as well. We'll see what happens for the Fall. Since I am a Fall baby, it's my favorite season anyway. :tup:

I just posted on another thread about the colour block bags - I really don't like any of the MJ bags this season. Like DivasDare says I'm an A/W girl anyway so I'll sit it out.

I haven't found any S/S bags that make me want to pay full price, I agree that the leather isn't really my favorite. I do however, really like the large sized Cecilia & if I would find that on sale, may jump on it.....Perhaps I, too like bags from F/W collections more. Somehow, even thought I don't like most of the s/s bags, I have still managed to add to my collection from *bay! Unlike most of you, Nordstrom is my only choice to view MJ bags, but hubby & I are planning a trip at the end of June to SF - there will be plenty of opportunity to view MJ then! :graucho:

i felt this way in the beginning, but there are a few bags i've really grown to like. namely the e/w mercer tote that jess just got, the cecilia, the mercer satchel, and, of course, the mika. my favorite season is f/w too, so i'm usually not obsessed with the spring accessories, clothes, and what not. however, i don't dislike them enough that i wouldn't pull hair for a few of these styles come markdowns. :bagslap:

^^ haha i love that. i'm not a fighter- i'm a stalker, if you are holding a sale bag i want, i'll follow you around for hours waiting for you to put it down. i even send vibes by chanting "put it down, put it down".

and i def think the mercer line is worth a second look kim!

iluvmybags - The Nordstrom in Tyson Corners, VA had some stams. You may want to give them a call to see which ones they still have.

Also, if anyone is interested in the neon color MJ's, they had some of them too. The yellow is really bright. They had venetia with a black strap in the neon yellow. The pockets had zippers, not padlocks.

I wasn't really into the Cecilia when I first saw pics of it. Then I saw it IRL. . .and then I saw it in black and blue and I was sold. I usually prefer fall lines in general as some other ladies have mentioned, but there are quite a few from resort and spring that have won my favor:love:.

i'm sorry for your disappointment, iluvmybags. i'm starting to like the mercer e/w tote a little, but I wonder if it's because there's nothing else that's caught my eye (besides past season bags i'm still trying to score). definitely make it a priority to find a dark grey stam, so at least you'll know whether or not you like it IRL. then, instead of buying it for full price now, hopefully you'd be able to find one on sale later on, since you're not dying to buy any of the MJ bags now anyway. i dunno... terrible that the s/s bags are just blah... :shrugs: