Disappointed w/ new Tivoli PM!!!

I am going to LV tomorrow because I had these weird little black marks on the leather part of the purse. Although they are small, LV Hawaii told me not to touch them and to bring the bag back.

My PM arrived with the plastic on the handles, cardboard under the brass and plastic tape over the zipper pull. Now that you mention it, the handle did have a couple of wierd tiny black dots on the vachetta. By just a little scrape of my fingernail, those black specks came off leaving no marks. I didn't think twice about it. The high demand for these bags may have caused a higher production that LV can't meet without quality issues appearing in some of the bags.

Smaller than the trevi and a very different kind of look. Have the tivoli GM and the trevi PM (trevi GM was huge)
Think the bags are sent crushed and flatten out. At first mine look off also, SA then said let me stuff it and you will see the difference. She was so right, left the stuffing in over night and now its looks just perfect

lovelove, thanks for the pictures! yours is perfect! on the bag i had, the left pleat was where yours was, but then the one on the right, was at least a cm. away from the point.

My PM arrived with the plastic on the handles, cardboard under the brass and plastic tape over the zipper pull. Now that you mention it, the handle did have a couple of wierd tiny black dots on the vachetta. By just a little scrape of my fingernail, those black specks came off leaving no marks. I didn't think twice about it. The high demand for these bags may have caused a higher production that LV can't meet without quality issues appearing in some of the bags.

That is interesting. I looked at mine again but it doesn't seem to want to come off. I agree that some of the quality may be sacraficed to meet demand. But for what you pay for it, you would think LV would be more cautious.

Oh ok, thanks for posting the pics....that's what the "red glaze" looks like. What function does it serve...is it a sort of glue?

I think the 'red glaze' seals off the cut edge of the vachetta. Otherwise, the raw edge would be exposed to everyday wear and tear damage. I would think the red color should be uniform across the edge.

Lovelove, your bag looks perfect! Now take a look at my picts. Took some with my camera before I went to LV store for an exchange. I am glad I went in today and spoke with my SA. Although she kept insisting that mine is "perfect" and that there is "no problem with the glaze". However, she did not answer me when I asked her if this is how the red glaze supposed to be. She orginally offered to send it back to get it "re-glazed" which I did not mind either. However, it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get back. I do not want to wait that long. So I asked if I can wait for an exchange instead. She did not agree in the beginning. But I kept asking nicely and looking at her with my sad:crybaby: eyes, she told me to wait while she go get a "second opinion". When she was back, she agreed to take mine back to get waitlisted again for another one, which will probably be in 1 -2 weeks. She said I can choose which one to keep at that time. :shrugs:I will report back when this happens. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• IMG_7188.JPG
    IMG_7188.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_7205.JPG
    IMG_7205.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_7185.JPG
    IMG_7185.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_7211.JPG
    IMG_7211.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 633
q_mocha. I'm glad you've got to choose at least. Good luck!
after looking at your picture, I looked at my Tivoli very closely. and my glaze looks like peeling or it will come off or something at some area.
but yours do look worse than mine. especially on the edge.
Keep us posted! thanks.

Thanks Lovelove. I am hoping for the best. I am glad that at least they are willing to help me. If you're also finding that the glaze is beginning to peel too, then be careful with the gold zipper chain gliding along the top of the bag when you open and close. The zipper can create some small friction along the edges. I hope this problem won't happen to anyone else.

Qmocha, I'm sorry that your SA was even the slightest bit hesitant to help you! We save and dream about these bags and it's only right that we are 100% happy with them. I have one coming in from Phoenix and should be here around Thursday. I can't even be excited because I'm more nervous about all the qc issues that are popping up. I hope we all end up with bags we are in love with!:cry:

I'm going to pick up the PM today...I was waitlisted for 3 weeks which I guess is not long because they only started the waitlist 3 weeks ago!

Since I've never seen the sparkly lining I don't think I'd be disappointed...but I'd definitely have to look for everything else like coating and stuff. The Violette Cles I just bought wasn't really perfectly perfect but I'm hoping the Tivoli will be! I heard they are increasing prices tomorrow in Canada as well!

Congrats Chocograce. How exciting!! I am really happy to hear that you have found one from a store. That is really rare because lots of us have all been on the waitlist for this bag. I think you will LOVE this bag. You just have to examine it very carefully once you receive it. Hope that it will arrive soon, for both of us.