Dior Gaucho Sling Bag - for real???

pixiechic

So thankful.
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
I have been hoping Dior would get on the large-shoulder-bag bandwagon (for the Gaucho style) since last fall. The Medium is just a bit too small for me, and I don't like the setup of the large/double - seems like it would be hard to get stuff in and out of.

Lo and behold, this morning I found the Gaucho Sling Bag on Diabro. The description says it's 17.7 x 11 x 4.3", with a 41-47" strap. This would be a fabulous bag to wear messenger style! It is, of course, pricey - even on Diabro. Before I fall utterly in love with it, I wanted to ask some questions:

- Can this possibly be for real, or is it too good to be true?

- Has anyone seen this bag in real life?

- Any other sites that might carry it? It's not on eLux or any of the other usual suspects.

- Do you know what colors it will be available in? Diabro has it in a yummy chocolate brown, but I'd love a white, ivory, or natural for summer.

TIA!!

I have been hoping Dior would get on the large-shoulder-bag bandwagon (for the Gaucho style) since last fall. The Medium is just a bit too small for me, and I don't like the setup of the large/double - seems like it would be hard to get stuff in and out of.

Lo and behold, this morning I found the Gaucho Sling Bag on Diabro. The description says it's 17.7 x 11 x 4.3", with a 41-47" strap. This would be a fabulous bag to wear messenger style! It is, of course, pricey - even on Diabro. Before I fall utterly in love with it, I wanted to ask some questions:

- Can this possibly be for real, or is it too good to be true?

- Has anyone seen this bag in real life?

- Any other sites that might carry it? It's not on eLux or any of the other usual suspects.

- Do you know what colors it will be available in? Diabro has it in a yummy chocolate brown, but I'd love a white, ivory, or natural for summer.

TIA!!

i say if diabro has it then it must be true ! i think i actually saw that biiig gaucho in Dublin Dior but i didnt really pay attention ( my fault :sad: ) becuase i was not looking for such a large size ...and i think that yes it was in a natural, off white colour ! :smile:

Yes, it's for real! I have the exact same one as Diabro. I bought her last August at the Dior boutique at the KL International Airport.

I told DH it was baby bag and he fell for it - until he read my blog!

Attached is the pic.

Let me know if you want a pic of her in action as I don't have one handy right now. It's 5 in the morning here, and I don't want DH to think I've gone bonkers taking pictures of myself with the *ahem* baby bag in my PJs so early in the day!

Attachments

• Dior_Gaucho_Dark_Brown.jpg
    Dior_Gaucho_Dark_Brown.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 176
Ha! Yeah...that's it....it's a baby bag! Unfortunately my "baby" is fourteen and taller than me, so I can't use that excuse.

I would absolutely love a modeling pic, if you can manage it!

Hahaha. Shame you can't use the "baby bag" excuse, Hippiechic! Anyway, here are the modelling pix as requested.

Hope you find the Gaucho in your colour preference. Good-luck!

Attachments

• DSC01334.JPG
    DSC01334.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC01335.JPG
    DSC01335.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC01338.JPG
    DSC01338.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 142