Dillemma - buyer balking at paying!

i think you've been more than patient with her, by sending her the USPS website and explaining excactly why it costs so much. i'd file an NPB once it passes the 7 day mark. maybe this will get her into paying. if 7 days go by and no $$, then give her neg and relist the item (ebay should refund your listing fees).

My new message to her:

Hi, I have not yet recieved a response to the message I sent you yesterday. I had sent you the usps website so that you can see how much the postage is. Please let me know your decision within 2 days. Thank you.

You are being really nice and she is NOT returning the favor. Dont email her again. i know you're worried about your feedback (my first and only neg bothered me too! and she's no longer registered ugh, what a waste). You can post a nice calm explanation below any neg she gives you. She is being irrational and it's not your fault at all.
Plus, if she's behaving this way with you, I'm sure she's done it before. You may file the NPB strike that kicks her off since a lot of people don't neg but do file NPB. Good luck :smile:

My issue is somewhat similar, yet different. I just sold a Chanel Cambon bag yesterday to someone, who now, after congratulations and sending invoice, is questioning her decision to buy. She wants to know if she can have a refund if she does not like the condition, and even though I stated it did not come with authenticity card, is now asking if it comes. She bid at last moment and won, don't really think she even read description. At any rate, I am afraid she will not pay for item and I will then have to wait 7 days to relist. Any suggestions? I sent her an email responding to her questions but is there anything else I can do (she has only 2 feedback, both positive on buying end)?

I am so sorry about this Babydoll Chanel, this is not fair at all. This buyer sounds like a real PITA! She should have read everything prior to bidding on the auction, and I am SURE she did not pay only $5 to ship a package from the USA to Belgium. I had to ship a plate there a few months ago and that cost her $19 which still was not enough, but that was my error. Anyway, my buyer did not say a word about the shipping!

I am so sorry about this Babydoll Chanel, this is not fair at all. This buyer sounds like a real PITA! She should have read everything prior to bidding on the auction, and I am SURE she did not pay only $5 to ship a package from the USA to Belgium. I had to ship a plate there a few months ago and that cost her $19 which still was not enough, but that was my error. Anyway, my buyer did not say a word about the shipping!

Agreed! There is absolutely no way she got something shipped from the US to Belgium for $5- It just cost me $4.60 to send a shirt priority mail WITHIN the US. I would file a non-paying bidder dispute. It's just not worth the hassle to keep dealing with her. Sorry you've had to deal with this!

Hi, sounds like this buyer us after free shipping. I would just mail her and say if you dont hear from her within 24 hours you will relist and advise her to check shipping costs before bidding. Also you need a reliable tracking service if you are to get full paypal cover. I dont think she said her cheap bag for $5 dollars shipping was from US anyway. I am in UK and I often buy from US, I always check shippping before I bid and so should everyone else. After the auction is too late. Good luck

Don't worry about her feedback. There are rules about retaliatory negative feedback. If you make a preemtive strike and let her know ahead of time that you have all of your communcations. You can then let her know it is against the rules for her to give you a negative feedback as retribution for you standing up for your rights as an ebay seller. Explain to her that she can be punished by Ebay (not sure of the exact wording but it's something to the effect of she can be banned from buying) and you'd hate for that to happen because of a misunderstanding;). I had a crazy seller who sent a very dirty item to me that was supposed to be new and she was nasty and rude and threatening. I went through all of the paypal steps (a pain in the butt) and she came up with my money and then just put a 'no comment' neutral on my rating. She knew better than to do anything else because I knew my rights and I made sure she knew I knew. When people look at my rating, which is 100%, and read from everyone else that I am a quick payer, it is clear that there was something up with her! Good luck. Read the rules closely and use them to your advantage.

^ No, I didnt... I had about 6 watchers though. She won it and I sent her the invoice and then she sent me a msg about all I described above. Since then I've been checking my messages but she hasn't responded yet. Hope she doesn't leave a negative. :sad:

Don't worry about the negative. I recently had a very bad experience with a NPB who left retaliatory FB. She won the bag after which I invoiced her 3 times over a 7 day period. I did nothing more than that. I knew that she was aware of the invoices ,as I could see that during that week, she had left FB for many of her buyers! She is an avid Ebay seller. Finally, I filed a NPB and she responded within hours stating that her daughter had won the bag in error. That was it...no sorry...no nothing. BTW...over the past few years, she has failed to pay for about 4 auctions. I could also see that after winning my red handbag, she had bid on and won another red bag from a different seller. I concluded that she changed her mind about my bag after the win and figured that I wouldn't have the guts to leave her a negative. She underestimated me! Knowing that she would retaliate, I left her a negative...simply stated the facts w/o any sarcastic remarks. She then lied and said that I was rude and threatening. The woman never received anything more than an invoice....is that rude and threatening. I've sold several bags since that incident. If you have great FB, potential buyers will be able to figure out what went on with this transaction and won't hold it against you. I believe what happened in your situation is the same as mine....your buyer simply changed her mind.

By the way, in the future, I recommend choosing a flat postage rate for all international destinations and just posting that on the auction instead of any calculator (which doesn't often work), or saying "actual postage costs", etc. That way there is NO way a buyer can whinge about shipping; it was clearly stated, they agreed to the shipping costs when they bid, end of story.

I do hope this works out for you though!