Dilemma!! My BF is evil?...

Yup I'd definately say "No thanks" and buy my own. That way you keep your dignity (as in he doesn't control you) and you get even more of it when you buy the bag yourself! Blow the whistle on his chilidish game!

If his mother was in on it too..perhaps it was a "test" to see how superficial she may suspect you of being? I mean no offense, its just that mothers can be ...interesting sometimes.

That is lame. I'd save for the bag myself. If he wants to buy a generous gift such as LV, then he should without any strings attached. Otherwise, what's the point? Besides, we all love LV, but purses aren't THAT big a deal. Don't let it get out of perspective here.

I would tell him to shove the bag up his...eh..hem...What a control freak??!! Whats up with that..NOONE should ever tell you to do anything you are uncomfortable with....EVER.PERIOD.

Wow...your BF sounds like a total control freak. I don't know. I know this may seem like he's doing it out of some kind of sick joke, but it raises red flags to me about what kind of BF and possibly DH(if it ever gets that serious) he's bound to be. I don't really like how he thinks it's so funny to make you do something you don't want to do in order to get an LV bag. I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but it's really really really insensitve imho. So, I guess, yes, I think your BF is evil. lol.

As for whether you should do it, that's up to you. Maybe you can just carry inside the house where no one will see it? I like a few of the other suggestions I read about saving up and buying one yourself, but if that is an impossibility, I guess it depends on how badly you want the new bag and how much crap you are willing to take from you BF.:yes:

Tell him to grab his boots because he's taking a hike. Sounds like his mother thinks your choice to not carry fakes is snobbish, and wants her puppet of a son to see if he could bribe you to go against your own morals.

I say, melt the bag down and use it as a table cloth, then say to him "Iam still using it as you asked". Try to compromise the situation and turn it round so you are in control.

Things you could "USE" the bag as

1. Melted table cloth
2. Plant pot and put water in it
3. A bin, fill it up with things so its unusable on the arm
4. a dog poop scooper, take it out with you and put dog poop in it so you are still "USING" it
5. A dishwasher, put your dishes in it and fill it up with water

You will still be using the bag if you do any of these things, your still doing as your B/F asked. :graucho:

I too would tell him to shove his fake bag where the sun don't shine. Do you really want to accept a gift with this history attached to it? Every time you look at the bag he is saying he will buy for you, you'll be reminded of how you pimped out your principles for it.

Just curious as to why he has to have you carry it around ... will it insult his mother if you don't? I just can't figure why the insistence? This summer, my MIL went to Asia for the holidays and gave me a fake Chanel bag as a gift. My MIL knows that I have real Chanels but I wanted to be polite and just accepted it. It's even a model that I don't think even exists ... I've already given it away and my DH understood, I don't think he'd want me to carry it either.

Help!! Just moments ago my boyfriend handed me a FAKE LV bag and said to me, "If you don't wear this fake one, I won't buy you a [real] bag tomorrow!" :wtf: Apparently his mom sent it over for me, too. Although knowing that it's fake.

It's a monogram model that doesn't exist, and the leather smells terrible, and it comes with cards and a pamphlet for "Cuir Glace." It's absolutely frightening...!

What should I do?? He usually buys my LV for me and I was getting one tomorrow! :crybaby:

kindly ask him to bend over so you can stick it up his :censor:

Wow..what's the story here?! Umm..maybe I read u wrong but u don't "sound" awfully upset about the whole issue so I'm assuming that there must be a valid reason behind this highly unusual request. If it's to make an older lady happy (within reason) and to show your appreciation, I'd go ahead with it. But if it's purely for their amusement, then I'd say...RUN FOR YOUR LIFE GIRL!!