Did your time at tPF change your mind?

Before tPF, I was only into Coach bags. Ever since, I've been able to learn and educate myself about the different other brands. I've been lurking in Gucci and LV, and lately I find myself lurking in Chanel and Balenciaga. I definitely think that tPF has expanded my horizons.

Yes most definately! I became a member because of Coach, but now I really want a Marc Jacobs Stam, YSL Muse, and a Kooba Meredith...all bags that I would not have known much about if not for joining tPF!

I have not changed what I like but now seem to have so many more choices!

I knew about -- but don't know that I ever would have bought -- a Belen Echandia until I read about them here and saw more photos. Tomorrow's delivery will make three BEs.

I have stayed true to the bags I originally loved, Marc Jacobs and L.A.M.B. I wonder if I frequented the other forums if I would start to yearn for those bags, too. Not sure. That's not to say that I would not buy any other brand. I just haven't felt the urge. I am definitely more aware of other brands I probably wouldn't even know about. That is for sure.

Before I came to tPf I was only interested in Coach and Prada, but I quickly discovered that I had a preference for smaller-name boutique brands. I probably never would have bought HH, Kooba or Goldenbleu if I hadn't seen it here first :girlsigh:....

tPF has definitely broadened my horizons especially b/c sometimes the boutiques or websites don't have a specific style or color, but someone on tPF does.

This forum has especially done wonders for my wardrobe! I've made a lot of changes since being introduced to different labels!

I came to tPF because of MJ, and I've learned so much about other designers ever since. Right now my favorites are Balenciaga (didn't know a thing about Bal bags before this site!) and Rebecca Minkoff.

I've gone almost full circle. When I first came here I really had no idea that designer bags even existed. Then I started lusting over Coach! LV! Chanel! Balenciaga! Then I got handbag burnout and really just wanted to get back to basics. I am back within budget and think much more before making a purchase. I am happy with my low to mid range brands and an occasional LV.

I think my time here has changed my preference. Previously, I never considered chanel. After about 5 months on the forum I bought my first and 6 months later got the chanel classic flap. Before the Forum I thought the classic flap was for old ladies. After seeing the women on the forum modeling their bags I saw how classic, versatile, and beautiful they really were.

I came here knowing about most of the big brand names, but knowing NO style names. I knew all the expensive designers, but I never really lusted for them. I'm definitely expanding my horizons a lot (I'm not loyal to any bag brand!) and actually acting on lemmings of a bag. TPF made me really look into (and buy) vintage gucci. I also didn't really know much about Tods at all, and now Tods is one of my favorite brands. Also brands like Celine I didn't know much about. Had heard of Gryson and Gustto, but never cared much for them. It's definitely bad for my wallet that I've found this forum, but I'm buying bags that I really love and not just because they're onsale at the coach outlet.

Yup, before tPF I was OBSESSED with Marc Jacobs! Now I still love his line, but I've also expanded my obsession to another brand he designs for... LV! I'm trying not to venture into Hermes since my wallet and lifestyle won't allow for it at the present... but definitely in the future!

I came to TPF because of Coach but quickly fell out of love with it when I discovered Rebecca Minkoff! Now RM's the only brand I obsess about. I don't even like my Coach bags that much anymore...

Before TPF, I was an LV girl all the way. I never even looked at other brands. Now I love Balenciaga, Rebecca Minkoff, YSL...I've learned that my taste are eclectic and varied. :P I don't think I would have really known that before. Being from a small town, it can be tough to learn about new and/or different designers. I think of this site like going to purse school, with lots of great teachers!

Ended up here while googling GUCCI. Let's just say for the past 7 months I've been a member, I've bought 7 new bags, 4 different designers! LV, Gucci, MJ and MBMJ! I've learned a lot and so has my BF since I'm always talking about tpf. =)

i didn't have any particular brand in mind when i came here but i've come to love SO MANY different brands that i had never even dreamed of before!

tano, HH, gustto, BE, rebecca minkoff! it's been awesome learning so much. Haha now i feel like i don't know which bag to get because there are so many i'm in love with!