Did you ever suddenly love something you had disliked before? If so, do tell>

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
This happened to me with the kelly bag - it was a sudden paradym shift! For years, I didnt think I liked kelly bags - at least, I didnt think I liked it for me. Years went by, I was happy as a clam toting around my birkin bag, then a second birkin bag, looking at kelly bags now and then but having no desire for one....then....all of a sudden last year, I was bit by the kelly bug. When I finally got the call about the one I was waiting for, I went to look at it, still not sure if its the bag for me....but when I saw it, I really liked it, I bought it...expecting to carry it once in a while, but not for it to be the favorite bag. Boy was I surprised! I really wasnt expecting to like this so much... I guess there is a reason the kelly bag is always named as the top or second top great handbag of all time.
Has anyone had a similar shift in affinity to a Hermes bag, and if so, which one?

YES! But for me, it was color, not style.
I used to not like all the "interesting" colors, but lately I have gotten into some of the more unusual colors.
At the moment I am absolutely in love with Vert Anis and Chartreuse--and I used to hate green!!

yes, I felt the same way about Kelly at first - didn't really care for it too much, then BAM I fell in love and now want a black one! A kelly adds the perfect elegance to a suit or dress - love it!

Now if only I had one...

Excuse the newbie question, but do Kelly's cost more/or same as Birkins?

Oh, yeah! I fell in love with a Retourne Kelly and carried it for a few years without giving any serious thought to getting a Birkin. However, within nanoseconds after trying on a Birkin I bought it and relegated that Kelly to its sleeping bag.

Now, however, I've added a few more Birkins and a HAC to the mix. I sold the Retourne Kelly and bought a couple of Sellier Kellys -- and find myself falling in love with the Kelly all over again.

I think I'm a "when you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" Kelly and Birkin lover. Whichever one is with me is the one I love the most at that moment.

yes, I felt the same way about Kelly at first - didn't really care for it too much, then BAM I fell in love and now want a black one! A kelly adds the perfect elegance to a suit or dress - love it!

Now if only I had one...

Excuse the newbie question, but do Kelly's cost more/or same as Birkins?

The prices vary with the size, but generally kellys are a little less than birkins in an "apples to apples" comparison (eg, a 35 cm kelly is about $1000 less than a 35 cm birkin all other things being equal - same leather, same hardware). For sake of comparison, I believe the current price of a 32 cm retourne in togo or clemence is a few cents under $6k and a 35 cm birkin in same leather is $7500.

I never liked the large, casual retourne kelly (always loved the kelly small, formal & rigide), but I am finding myself changing my mind after seeing so many gorgeous kelly bags here.

The Bolide.
Initially I was sort of lukewarm to it. But now I am a Bolidette, or would like to think so anyway...don't get me started about the virtues of this bag, because I won't stop--