Diamond tennis bracelets

Wow, swanky, I love your bracelet! I have a smaller one, a little less than 3ct, I want one like yours now!!

Edit: love love your ring too!

pseub said:
Beautiful bracelet, Swanky!

Let me ask a dumb question now...why do they call them "tennis" bracelets???

Tennis pro Chris Everett always wore a diamond bracelet during her matches. During one of the matches, the clasp came undone and the bracelet went flying across the court. She shouted, "Oh my gosh! I lost my tennis bracelet!" and a marketing term was born!

I suppose it's similar to why we all refer to photocopiers as "Xerox machines" and tissues as "Kleenex".

thank you guys!!!

I was going to give a similar answer about the origin!

Lu, my paperwork tells me NOTHING :sad:
I tried to take better photos, maybe one of our jewelry experts can name the setting{?}

Attachments

• DSCF1984.JPG
    DSCF1984.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 3,983
  • DSCF1991.JPG
    DSCF1991.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 3,650
Swanky Mama Of Three said:
maybe one of our jewelry experts can name the setting{?}
It's usually called "bar set" or "straight bar set". Something along that line.

Edit Note: Yep, it's bar set. Sometimes "bar link". It's misleading really, because the diamonds themselves are prong set in between the bars. A similar style has the bars that look like an S set at an angle. You guessed it: it's calles "S link".

I have one set in white gold and wear it almost everyday! I think the great thing about a tennis is you can either dress it up or down and never looks too much IMO.

marspalm said:
i just got one when i graduated high school, its all channel set round cut diamonds i dont wear it everyday maybe once a week. i love it but when i'm at the grease trucks at rutgers its just not something i want to be wearing lol but i would wear it to work everyday or something like that

this isnt my pic but its similar to my bracelet mine is just bigger and more solid on the sides

Mine is very similar to that one as well except it has alternating diamonds and emeralds.

Robyn

Swanky, that's GORGEOUS!
My hubby suprised me with a Tiffany Victoria collection tennis bracelet set in platinum that I wear each and every day, no matter what the outfit. It's one of my staples! :love: :love:
Here's a bad picture of the clasp.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    IMG_0855.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,352