Dept store or Balenciaga?

abs914

O.G.
Sep 3, 2008
I was planning on buying a bag on neimanmarcus.com today but now I'm vaguely remembering hearing horror stories about their customer service. Do most of you purchase your bags directly through Balenciaga or have you had good experiences buying at department stores? I just want to be confident in the fact that if I ever have an issue with my bag, the store will help me resolve the problem and not put up a fight. This is my first designer bag purchase, other than my LV monograms, which is why I'm being extra cautious!

I was planning on buying a bag on neimanmarcus.com today but now I'm vaguely remembering hearing horror stories about their customer service. Do most of you purchase your bags directly through Balenciaga or have you had good experiences buying at department stores? I just want to be confident in the fact that if I ever have an issue with my bag, the store will help me resolve the problem and not put up a fight. This is my first designer bag purchase, other than my LV monograms, which is why I'm being extra cautious!
I've bought Balenciaga & various other Premium designers at Neimans online. I've never had any problems with purchases or returns. Hth

My Nordstrom does not carry Balenciaga. However, if they did, that is where I would buy. Nordstrom has the best customer service I have ever encountered (even better IMO than other higher end department stores such as NM and Saks)

That being said, though I have never bought a Bal through NM, I have had no problems with them either.

I had really bad experiences with Barney's and Balenciaga bags. I had a defective bag and though they eventually returned it, they fought me on the return at first.
I think it's always best to go through the brand because, in my experience, brands are always more likely to care about issues with their products. Good luck with your purchase!