dcblam - Just Beginning? Yikes!!!

dcblam

O.G.
Mar 15, 2007
Greetings to all -
I can't believe I'm purse obsessed....earlier this year, I didn't even glance at purses and paid NO attention to what others wore on their shoulder/arms/backs, etc.....well, that was a lie...if it was a FAB BAG, I paid attention.
Now, I have somehow obtained 11 bags since I joined this Forum and that was not long ago. Here are pics of the 11 together.
I have this policy that I will not buy a bag retail, it must be on sale and I've gotten some pretty nifty Deals and Steals, thanks to you guys!
Now that I look at them all, I think I need some more color? What else do I need, fellow-enablers?
I've not listed my vintage/previous bags/clutches, etc. Maybe I'll do that later. I have plenty of "going out" bags...(oops, did I say plenty - spank me!)
So, your advice/input is much appreciated!
Here it goes:

Attachments

• CIMG1960.JPG
    CIMG1960.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 310
  • CIMG1981.JPG
    CIMG1981.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 349
Looks like you have a really nice selection of colors and shapes! I see a Choo back there. Would love to see a few individual pictures with names. You have some cool bags I am not familiar with. Love the blue, yellow and red bags!

Lovely collection! I'm envious.Like the previous poster said,it would be nice to see individual pictures...this also serves to educate some of us:yes:.

Thanks for everyone's response...wow!
Now that I know this post is up and running....will post pics and descriptions on the babies....

Here we go - Hobos and Shoulder Bags (L to R)

Jimmy Choo Talia
literally a workhorse, or I should say, a camel.....camel leather that is! She smells great and I just love her unique shape, quality hardware, material, craftsmanship.

Etro Sailors Knot in Winter White
this one is so utterly yummy - winter white and she doesn't get much action, but when she does - WOW. Not the most functional bag (size/organization) - but the trade off is the most exquiste leather, the hand knotted design, the twisted leather shoulder strap and other details! Screams couture....at least to me. My most $$ bag.

Ananas Nicky in Citrus
great color - always get comments on the color! The bag fits so nicely on the shoulder. It's my widest bag, but somehow, I can carry it off due to its slim profile. The leather is SUPER soft and lighweight - easy to carry. Lots of nice compartments inside AND there's one on the outside, right under the front flap. Nice wood.

Hayden Harnett (HH) Ana in Chocolate
saturated chocolate color, soft leather, great shape, a mod take on a coin purse on steroids (someone else said this and I thought it was spot on), great organization, user friendly design details, lightweight, shoulder or hand carry - slim profile, just totally works for me! Love HH.

Isabella Fiore Molly Woven Glory
Usually, I am not a fan of IF - too heavy in weight and style, but I really like this one. Woven, yes, woven leather - great woven strap, nice weight, brass hardware, lovely design details. It drapes/droops more with stuff in.

Attachments

• CIMG1998.JPG
    CIMG1998.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG1994.JPG
    CIMG1994.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 62
  • CIMG1995.JPG
    CIMG1995.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 52
  • CIMG1992.JPG
    CIMG1992.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG1993.JPG
    CIMG1993.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 68
Here's more:

Crossbody/Shoulder/Hand - Whatever Bag:

Barney's Private Label - by Tano
The strap on this baby is completely adjustable to do all three and it's lightweight and love the semi-shine/slight distressed leather. The design is so unisex that my husband doesn't object to wearing it when we travel - great plus for me since I don't have to carry everything all the time! Love the pull tabs near the zippers and the top has two zippers - going in opposite directions. Kewl. Inside has little organization, but who cares!

Satchel or Satchel-ish:

Be&D Ingrid in Red
Great saturated color, medium thick leather with lots of character, top notch hardware, great braided straps - medium/smallish size which can be so hard to find.
Shoulder or hand carry.

Be&D Garbo - Floral Flocking
Statement bag.....flocking almost looks like suede. Quality hardware - and from the looks of it, you would think the bag is heavy, but it isn't. Love how you can stuff the bag or have very little in it and it looks lovely both ways.
Shoulder or hand carry.

Botkier Bombay Satchel in Twilight
The bag that started it all. The deep color is TDF. Goat leather (I think) - heavy, thick, lots of leather texture....love the stud details...unzips on top w/two zippers.....kewl tassle. Screams quality (IMO). Mostly hand carry - can do shoulder - but not so easy. Probably my heaviest bag.

Attachments

• CIMG1985.JPG
    CIMG1985.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 69
  • CIMG1989.JPG
    CIMG1989.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 50
  • CIMG1986.JPG
    CIMG1986.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG1982.JPG
    CIMG1982.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 86
  • CIMG1999.JPG
    CIMG1999.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 67
Just a couple more:

Satchel or Satchel-ish:

Bulga Ruched Crescent in Goldrush
It is soft leather, but not as soft as your typical Bulga - I think treating it to be a metallic does something to the leather. Love the color - it's got copper undertones so it isn't loud. Fun toss around bag. Lightweight. Easy to get in/out of. Mostly hand carry - tight fit for shoulder, but do-able.

Hayden Harnett Dominique in Cream
(more Cafe au Lait than cream colored)
My elderly uncle calls it my feminine attache case! With use, the leather (lamb) has softened to give it a not so boxy look - but hey - it fits tons of stuff and the exterior pockets/organization makes it a superb travel purse or work purse that goes from business to pleasure in a flash for it's girlie good looks. I've come to love this bag more and more as I use it! The lining inside is so cute!!! (oops, didn't take a pic, sorry...let me know if you want to see)....

So, that's it for now!
Thanks for taking a look.
So.....what else do I need???????

Attachments

• CIMG1988.JPG
    CIMG1988.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 81
  • CIMG1987.JPG
    CIMG1987.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 119
  • CIMG1981.JPG
    CIMG1981.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 57
Looks like you have a really nice selection of colors and shapes! I see a Choo back there. Would love to see a few individual pictures with names. You have some cool bags I am not familiar with. Love the blue, yellow and red bags!

Samantha -
Thanks for your post....I have SO ADMIRED YOUR COLLECTION - you have absolutely divine bags....and all of your JC - wow!