Daytona ...

Girls!! I have been informed that my grandfather owns a SS Daytona with a white face and white dials. It is not a panda dial though. I was admiring it all day today! I would love to borrow it and maybe one day swap out the white face for a black mother of pearl face. Although, the white face on the SS Daytona is really growing on me. I know that the SS Daytonas are very popular and there are many wait lists (some up to a few years) so I am just so grateful to have one in my family.

What do you ladies think about the white faced SS Daytona with white dials?

Last edited:
Girls!! I have been informed that my grandfather owns a SS Daytona with a white face and white dials. It is not a panda dial though. I was admiring it all day today! I would love to borrow it and maybe one day swap out the white face for a black mother of pearl face. Although, the white face on the SS Daytona is really growing on me. I know that the SS Daytonas are very popular and there are many wait lists (some up to a few years) so I am just so grateful to have one in my family.

What do you ladies think about the white faced SS Daytona with white dials?

Keep it white with SS! Not only is that a beautiful combo, but if you do an aftermarket face, the original paperwork won't match up. :sad:

here's mine, i guess am part of the minority who love the daytona in 2 tones.

Yours is also the previous model 16523 (with a Zenith based movement), and the old style dial with black sub dials, which I think is far more attractive than the current two tone models with gold sub dials.

No watch can be everything to everyone. If everyone wanted and liked the same watch, it would be a boring place.

OP, I know what it is like to struggle with a major purchase. For what it's worth, here's a current model Daytona with the champagne dial. I tried this on last weekend but ended up passing; however, it did look very stunning and was not heavy. It of course doesn't have the Zenith movement which I and many others prefer, but it was a beautiful watch nonetheless.

EECC1B83-B7F0-4B20-9521-CE11029147DB-5295-000002F3EC7392CF.jpg

I did not take pics but also tried on a solid rose gold Daytona with a black face. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you owe it to yourself to at the very least try one on. I have no words to describe how beautiful that piece was!! Unfortunately, I would have been in a lot of trouble had I brought that home. :P

Are you thinking of purchasing retail or pre-owned?

Reactions: glitterlove
EECC1B83-B7F0-4B20-9521-CE11029147DB-5295-000002F3EC7392CF.jpg

I did not take pics but also tried on a solid rose gold Daytona with a black face. I'm not sure what your budget is, but you owe it to yourself to at the very least try one on. I have no words to describe how beautiful that piece was!! Unfortunately, I would have been in a lot of trouble had I brought that home. :P

The champagne dial on the new two tone, just gets sort of washed out with the gold sub dials on the champagne dial with the gold bezel. That's one of the reasons I really like the Panda dial with the new two tone, as there is better contrast and and it just kind of "Pops."

As for the new movement, yes, I prefer the continuous seconds being at 9 o'clock rather than 6, and there is probably a bit less hand workmanship, but it has the advantage of a much longer power reserve. It can go nearly three days without being worn and it will still keep running. A Zenith based Daytona will stop running after roughly 36-38 hours of not being worn.

+1 on trying on the rose gold Daytona with black dial. Even if its out of your budget you owe it to yourself to try that watch on. Its simply stunning!!!