Current Good Quality Fair Price but Little Known Recommendation Thread

I posted my impressions on the Polène thread. I just received the Numéro Un in red.

View attachment 3992412
I adore this bag! I need to make a decision. I’ve lurked too long. If I’m going to buy, I want to do so before a price increase.
Thank you for this. I've never heard of them before but I'm already drooling over the Freda in Chevre Saphir with it's red lambskin lining.
YES! This bag is everything! Lamb lining? Swoon! I think I’m deciding between this and the Numero Un for my “not the usual suspects” purchase for this year. I want a cobalt satchel (Delage Freda?) but need a camel or taupe work bag (Polene NU?) so hmmmm....

Ther Freda comes in a two tone satchel but I’m not sure the colors work for my wardrobe.
I had them bookmarked for a while, but didn't have the funds to purchase anything, then I noticed a massive price hike sometime in the last couple months. The Freda PM went from 790 to 950! It's possible that the old price had been set that way for years, and it just seems like a huge price hike, but I was disappointed nevertheless.
I received clarification about the pricing last night; I didn’t know they followed Purseblog :biggrin::
View attachment 3993517

Hope this helps! :heart::flowers:
How nice that they responded. And, to have a brand decide to improve quality by adding the nice lining. Wow! Love it. Makes me feel that they actually care about delivering a quality product they can stand behind proudly.
Of course Cartujano doesn't deliver to the US (at least not from their site), but they win by virtue of having bags named after my favorite city in the whole country: Cádiz. Oh, the bags are lovely, too. :biggrin:
I saw the no US delivery too. :sad: I’ll have to admire from afar.

I adore this bag! I need to make a decision. I’ve lurked too long. If I’m going to buy, I want to do so before a price increase.
YES! This bag is everything! Lamb lining? Swoon! I think I’m deciding between this and the Numero Un for my “not the usual suspects” purchase for this year. I want a cobalt satchel (Delage Freda?) but need a camel or taupe work bag (Polene NU?) so hmmmm....

Ther Freda comes in a two tone satchel but I’m not sure the colors work for my wardrobe.
How nice that they responded. And, to have a brand decide to improve quality by adding the nice lining. Wow! Love it. Makes me feel that they actually care about delivering a quality product they can stand behind proudly.

Tough choice. I've been looking at Polene, too; I love the Numero Un and Numero Trois!

I can attest that Delage is a great brand and I have spoken with the creator/owner personally. I might be biased but buying from them was one of the best shopping experiences, even though everything was done online. :smile:

I began stalking TPF about three years ago to find my first “real designer” bag. I ended up finding Marco Massaccesi on TPF and I remain smitten. There is a thread in Purses and Handbags and an additional one for photos and customization.

http://www.marcomassaccesi.it/. I love that I can have a custom leather purse for well under $500. One of my favorites is the Penelope Messenger that comes in right at $200.

I hope this counts, bag made in China but quality is good and is very well made. And I am in love with this bucket bag. The brand is STAUD and they do clothes, bags, andaccessories. My bag is made from smooth calf leather and has a suede lining. It is very structured and I've decided I really like that. Here's a link to the website and then some pics of my bag, which I purchased from https://www.matchesfashion.com/womens/designers/staud
https://staud.clothing/collections/bags-accessories

Very reasonable price I thought for an all leather and suede lining bag. £278.

Comes with a very useful long strap too.

R0028673.jpg R0028743.jpg

I'm gutted this wasn't posted a week and a half ago! This looks like such a beautiful bag, I've just looked at their website and am in love with it. However I've just bought a new bag, which I love too, but I'm now obsessed with this one. Lord help me...
You may not have liked the leather. It's thick, but light and not very soft. I do think the matte finish may patina over time, but I was iffy on it at first. The strap in particular was so light that I eyeballed it to be sure it was really leather (it is).

You probably would have hated the bag. I'm sure you made the right choice. Does that help? :biggrin:

Reactions: littleblackbag
You may not have liked the leather. It's thick, but light and not very soft. I do think the matte finish may patina over time, but I was iffy on it at first. The strap in particular was so light that I eyeballed it to be sure it was really leather (it is).

You probably would have hated the bag. I'm sure you made the right choice. Does that help? :biggrin:
I still think its a beautiful looking bag, and would love to see it in person. I do love the bag I did buy though. Maybe next year... xx

Reactions: papertiger

Tough call!
Can't believe Polene are having a price increase. Just when we find them (I'm shopping through you, I have enough bags).

I hope this counts, bag made in China but quality is good and is very well made. And I am in love with this bucket bag. The brand is STAUD and they do clothes, bags, andaccessories. My bag is made from smooth calf leather and has a suede lining. It is very structured and I've decided I really like that. Here's a link to the website and then some pics of my bag, which I purchased from https://www.matchesfashion.com/womens/designers/staud
https://staud.clothing/collections/bags-accessories

Very reasonable price I thought for an all leather and suede lining bag. £278.

Comes with a very useful long strap too.

View attachment 3994105 View attachment 3994106

Totally counts. It's a darling bag in a wonderful, practical colour and actually Hermes has put a bag similar to this on its last 2 season runway shows (just with more hardware). This is one bag shape I would like to add.

Reactions: littleblackbag