Current Edith Owners

I bought a whiskey Edith and a chamois. The chamois went to live with Jeannie77 and has since moved on to another home, but I cannot recall whose. I am keeping the whiskey Edith probably forever, because the more I use her, the better she looks!

I have been using Edith this week for teaching, and have lugged a LOT of papers (we're talking 300+ sheets here) and books, and the more I use her, the better she looks. She is still scrumply, but seems to get softer with use.

I have had no fraying issues or any construction issues (for once with Chloe) aside from the black marks where the edge sealant was smeared before I received the bag.

This is a bag that we are all going to pull out in ten years and say "I am SO glad I bought this!"

I now agree. It's going to be Timeless. But I have a question about the leather tabs on the ends of the zipper row. Are they supposed to stay there, because they don't seem too secure and the way I plan on using my Edith, they won't stay on too long!

My Edith gets better and better; I have a grey one and she was a match with me from day one, I am going on holiday sson which includes a long plane ride soon(20+hours!!!:sad:) and plan to use her as she is one tough bird! Rain or shine she has come out on tops! My threads so far are fine...

Holliwood said:
I now agree. It's going to be Timeless. But I have a question about the leather tabs on the ends of the zipper row. Are they supposed to stay there, because they don't seem too secure and the way I plan on using my Edith, they won't stay on too long!

Those leather tabs bug me, too...I think they are supposed to stay, but I wish they had not done it that way because it makes it harder to get into the bag. But I have learned to live with it...still love the style, even if the tabs are a pain! I just have to put papers in about 100 sheets at a time! :lol:

Chicbags I guess I used the term incorrectly but the threads on my bag aren't actually "fraying". One of the threads above the front pocket (on the side) is fuzzing a bit though.

I think the tabs being referred to are the end pieces that are attached to the zipper on the top of the bag. You hold on to 1 tab when you pull to close the bag.

lordguinny said:
Chicbags I guess I used the term incorrectly but the threads on my bag aren't actually "fraying". One of the threads above the front pocket (on the side) is fuzzing a bit though.

I think the tabs being referred to are the end pieces that are attached to the zipper on the top of the bag. You hold on to 1 tab when you pull to close the bag.

Thanks for your response. I have a little fuzzy on some of my stitches. I was going to sit down and trim them with my manicure scissors. I think this is to be expected from the heavy natural topstitching.

I think the tabs will probably hang on :shame:

chicbags said:
Thanks for your response. I have a little fuzzy on some of my stitches. I was going to sit down and trim them with my manicure scissors. I think this is to be expected from the heavy natural topstitching.

I think the tabs will probably hang on :shame:
I hope so. They do seem like they want to come off though if I stretch opening too wide. I may leave open and not zip back and forth too often as not to cause too much stress on those two leather tabs on each end. I don't want them to fall off. Othen than that, it's just lovely.:flowers: