Crochet Novak

1. I was looking at the crochet Novak bag (on NAP). I don't really like it, I feel as though the style of the bag calls for more definition than crochet can give. What do you guys think? I'm trying to attach a pic.:biggrin:

12946_index.jpg
  2. I'm not crazy about it either. All leather would be much prettier IMO.

3. It is not my style either at all...

4. Plain fugly. The clean structuredness is gone, and though you can't see it in the pic, the crochet Novak sags. McQueen is just trying to flog more profit with new "trends". Ugh. :sick:

5. I saw it IRL at Saks NYC...bag is a bit odd. I agree, the leather version is much nicer.

6. bleh i like the regular leather ones better.

7. I really think it needs to be all over leather in order to work as a design concept. I'm surprised that the decision was made to 'crochet it'.

8. I actually like this one but despise the other version! Go figure.

9. I don't like it. I think the all leather is better.

10. To me, crochet/knit and bags don't go well together.

11. fug a lee!

12. I actually agree w/ Daisy, I liked it from the minute I saw it (for some reason). The crochet reminds me of chain mail. Why that attracts me, I have no idea...lol

13. It does look a bit like chain mail, now you mention it!

14. I like the regular one better :sad:

15. I think that the idea behind this may have been to emphasize the 'classic' nature of the style of this bag (obviously, it's supposed to become a new 'iconic' bag, or that's the hope), so to keep on redoing the basic style and idea, but for different seasons and in different colours, etc.
    Still!...
    I hope they continue to produce the regular leather ones.