Confused about the existence of Dior Outlets.

DiorCA

Apr 16, 2015
Hi friends!
I'm a little confused here and hope to get some answers please.
I was scrolling through some of the Dior threads and read that Dior doesn't go on discount or have huge sales, and that the outlets that they have, carry discontinued items, but no discounts.

However today I came across and old thread
http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/is-there-a-dior-outlet-17487.html

And it states a few outlets having more than 50% discount.
Given that it's an old thread, and that perhaps Dior has changed its management strategy for luxury goods, I really hope someone can help clear my doubts.

I just invested in my first Dior and would be sad to know that I could have gotten it at an outlet at an even lower price! :sad:

I look forward to your kind response! :smile:)

Dior will occasionally have end of season pieces go on sale in their boutiques, and this will vary from store to store. For instance, one boutique in my city had seasonal pieces go on sale while the other boutique didn't. I was at a Dior "outlet" this past weekend, and all inventory were either RTW from prior seasons or seasonal shoes. There were no jewelry (aside from cufflinks) and limited SLGs, and no purses except for two canvas totes from the Anselm Reyle collection years ago.

Honestly, the easiest way to answer your question is for you to tell us what you bought.

Hi friends!
I'm a little confused here and hope to get some answers please.
I was scrolling through some of the Dior threads and read that Dior doesn't go on discount or have huge sales, and that the outlets that they have, carry discontinued items, but no discounts.

However today I came across and old thread
http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/is-there-a-dior-outlet-17487.html

And it states a few outlets having more than 50% discount.
Given that it's an old thread, and that perhaps Dior has changed its management strategy for luxury goods, I really hope someone can help clear my doubts.

I just invested in my first Dior and would be sad to know that I could have gotten it at an outlet at an even lower price! :sad:

I look forward to your kind response! :smile:)

Those were the good ole days, discounts beyond 50% at the outlets. About 5 years ago, there were 3 Dior outlets located in the US. Then management decided to make the brand more exclusive and closed down two. The only outlet left is the one in NY. The selection is not that great and prices are usually marked 40-50% off with no additional discounts (even on holidays).

Depending on the bag that you bought, chances are it might end up at the outlet 5-6 years down the road. The only Dior bag that I know for sure will not end up at the outlet is the Lady Dior. That is Dior's most iconic bag. The company treats that bag like how Chanel treats their flaps- if it doesn't sell, they destroy (seasonal ones included). So far, I know the outlet has gotten/still have the first edition Dior Soft tote, the first edition Miss Dior flap bags, and some older bags from Galliano's time.

Today, boutiques will rarely run sales, but when the do, I think the max discount is 40% off. You can find textiles, RTW and limited selection of shoes on sale usually around June and December. The sale always excludes bags and SLGs.

Dior will occasionally have end of season pieces go on sale in their boutiques, and this will vary from store to store. For instance, one boutique in my city had seasonal pieces go on sale while the other boutique didn't. I was at a Dior "outlet" this past weekend, and all inventory were either RTW from prior seasons or seasonal shoes. There were no jewelry (aside from cufflinks) and limited SLGs, and no purses except for two canvas totes from the Anselm Reyle collection years ago.

Honestly, the easiest way to answer your question is for you to tell us what you bought.

I bought a Lady Dior black w GHW, and a Large Dior Soft Tote (large cannarge sewing. Not the quilted one) red vmf w SHW.

Those were the good ole days, discounts beyond 50% at the outlets. About 5 years ago, there were 3 Dior outlets located in the US. Then management decided to make the brand more exclusive and closed down two. The only outlet left is the one in NY. The selection is not that great and prices are usually marked 40-50% off with no additional discounts (even on holidays).

Depending on the bag that you bought, chances are it might end up at the outlet 5-6 years down the road. The only Dior bag that I know for sure will not end up at the outlet is the Lady Dior. That is Dior's most iconic bag. The company treats that bag like how Chanel treats their flaps- if it doesn't sell, they destroy (seasonal ones included). So far, I know the outlet has gotten/still have the first edition Dior Soft tote, the first edition Miss Dior flap bags, and some older bags from Galliano's time.

Today, boutiques will rarely run sales, but when the do, I think the max discount is 40% off. You can find textiles, RTW and limited selection of shoes on sale usually around June and December. The sale always excludes bags and SLGs.

I bought a Soft red vmf w silver hardware. I wonder if that go on sale in a few years? Hahahha hmmm but by then perhaps I would want something else! :P

But I'm seriously thinking of exchanging the Soft and topping up cash to get a Diorissimo.
What do u all think? Is that a better investment?

I chose the Soft over Diorissimo cos I wanted to get a practical bag and I like zippered closure for safety of my items.

But I wonder if Diorissimo is a better investment?

Thank you so much friends for taking the time to reply my question. I really really appreciate it! :smile:
I'm a newbie in this Lucuty World and have learnt a lot from you all!

I bought a Soft red vmf w silver hardware. I wonder if that go on sale in a few years? Hahahha hmmm but by then perhaps I would want something else! :P

But I'm seriously thinking of exchanging the Soft and topping up cash to get a Diorissimo.

I chose the Soft over Diorissimo cos I wanted to get a practical bag and I like zippered closure for safety of my items.

Personally, I think the Diorissimo will be around longer. Here's some reasons why (1) it's a very popular bag and does well season after season (2) It's been out since mid 2012 and the design has not changed at all (there are seasonal editions, but for the most part, it has remained consistent) and (3) resell value of this bag is comparable to the LD.

I have a feeling the Diorissimo is here to say and it might turn out to be Dior's next classic design, just like how the Le Boy bag started and now it is considered a staple style and is priced higher than the classic m/l flap (Diorissimo can be used in the same analogy).

I was just at the NY outlet last weekend and was very disappointed in the selection. I didn't see the Dior soft or the Miss Dior flap, and I'm 99% sure the only purses they have were cloth totes.

Regarding boutique sales, I just scored a pair of pumps for 50%, so maybe the max discount varies from region to region?

I think it wouldn't go to the boutiques, given the paltry and dated selection of handbags I saw. Besides, by that time you would've gotten years' worth of usage out of that bag anyways!

My personal preference is for the Diorissimo over the Soft because the latter looks a little too similar to Chanel's GST for my taste. But if you like the zipper feature, keep it! If a bag having an open top means you'll never use it, you shouldn't get it.

Some older version Dior Soft has already hit the outlets.

I was just at the NY outlet last weekend and was very disappointed in the selection. I didn't see the Dior soft or the Miss Dior flap, and I'm 99% sure the only purses they have were cloth totes.

Regarding boutique sales, I just scored a pair of pumps for 50%, so maybe the max discount varies from region to region?

The Miss Dior and Dior Soft both go really fast. The SA there also have a long list of clients who are willing to buy as the product comes in. If you're looking to get one, I would strongly recommend that you get in touch and be on the emailing list. Otherwise it is almost impossible to score one on a random walk-in.

The Miss Dior and Dior Soft both go really fast. The SA there also have a long list of clients who are willing to buy as the product comes in. If you're looking to get one, I would strongly recommend that you get in touch and be on the emailing list. Otherwise it is almost impossible to score one on a random walk-in.

Thanks for sharing! Neither are my style, but that's definitely a helpful tip for anyone else who's interested.

Thank you everyone for chiming in.
Hmm decision decisions...
May I please ask if anyone has the the smaller sized Dior soft? If so, can u kindly take a picture carrying it please? I would like to compare the sizes.
When I bought the Soft, only the large ones were left.
However I did read somewhere that the large ones are more popular. Is that true?