Confession: Have you ever lied about your bag?

So this morning, my younger daughter was playing with my wallet, took out my credit card and threw it down the stairs. My husband says "Be careful with Mommy's credit cards or else she won't be able to buy any more bags online."

:nuts:

Do you think he's onto me????

NO, but I once said it was fake, when it was designer...ha ha...to my over curious and judging MIL. That was years ago, and now I don't make apologies for my purse obsession.
Same here. If I don't know the person well or if I'm not in a very safe environment and they ask, I say they are fake. I've only had to do that twice though.

but of course! in fact, i don't even bother hiding my Chanel bags anymore, just saunter into the house with the NM or Saks or Chanel boutique bag with my new babygirl nestled inside it - either DH doesnt realize what it is, or thinks its my dry cleaning just thrown in one of the bags in our garage, thinks its some cheapo purse from Target, or..............is afraid to mention it to me 'cause then he knows if he makes a big negative deal about my new baby, he aint gonna git no lovin'

:roflmfao: :yahoo:

i hv lied previously abt the prices of some of my bags.. when ppl ask me how much the bag is, i would say a lower price, which would be easier than telling them its "real" price... saves alot of explaining!! :P

I thought I was the only one!!! DH knows I buy designer handbags, but I never tell him exactly how much they are. He asked me about the price once and I said, "Oh a couple of hundred." He would never understand that my last bag cost close to $1000.

I have - but mostly to my parents ;) They truly do not understand my obsession - or financial priorities...:smile:

My boyfriend just gave me my first Balenciaga Bag (pre-loved 2005)- so I guess I cannot hide the truth from him anymore... (LOVE IT -:heart: And him!!)

Yes I lied to my sister. I made the mistake of shopping with her at a Coach store when we were on vacation in San Francisco. I didn't buy the bag I was thinking about until much later. She saw me using it and asked how much it was and I told her I got it for $200 off of e-bay when the truth was I had paid $400 for it from a Coach store.

I also made a mistake and took both of my sisters into the Barneys store in downtown Seattle and showed them Balenciaga handbags - HUGE HUGE mistake on my part as both of them were just astonished and horrified that I would even think of pay $1100 for a handbag. I could tell that they both thought I was losing my mind when I told them that I planned (and did) spend my IRS tax refund on a Balenciaga city bag.

Now I have two Balenciaga cities that must be forever hidden from their sight (not that that will be difficult to remember). I honestly should have known them and known how they would react so I just wish I had never mentioned the word "handbag" in their presence. Peggy