Concealer

I have to 2nd the prada concealer. It's a cream, like a pigmented tinted moisturizer, so its not only gives coverage, but keeps the under eye area moisturized as well (although depending on your skin type you can use this alone or with your eye treatment). I can use harder/stick concealers but not under my eyes. For the face blemishes, I prefer cle de peau. I'm having a new cream concealer by Christopher Drummond sent to me and am looking forward to trying that. He's a makeup artist and an esthestician who's developed his own line that includes natural antioxidents, so it's supposedly good for your skin. I'll see how it compares to pradas.

Weird...NM used to sell Prada Makeup but I don't see it now. Strawberry.net and ebay has it, but it got very good reviews (also their tinted gel tint and lip tints) so I'd be surprised if no department stores carry it now. I know the price was ridiculous for their little mono/multi doses but their tinted moisturizer was one of the best and their liptints were so popular. I might check TJ Maxx to see if they have any. It would really suck if they discontinued their beauty/skincare line.

:bump:

I know there are a lot of suggestions for products in this thread, but I was wondering if someone could clarify the difference between corrector & concealer for me. I actually read about correctors in Bobbi Brown's Makeup Manual (I had no idea correctors existed!). How do you layer one over the other (which one goes first)? What shades do you look for in each?

I used to love, love, love Cle de Peau but find it a bit too thick sometimes (especially in the winter....plus, the price is rather daunting!) so I've now switched to Vidi Vici's liquid concealer. It's perfect to travel with and doesn't cake, flake or crease! Also, it's a liquid-to-powder formula so it's perfect foe lazy me :smile:

:bump:

I know there are a lot of suggestions for products in this thread, but I was wondering if someone could clarify the difference between corrector & concealer for me. I actually read about correctors in Bobbi Brown's Makeup Manual (I had no idea correctors existed!). How do you layer one over the other (which one goes first)? What shades do you look for in each?

Normally I use corrector before concealer if the client's circles are very intense. The shade of corrector depends on the tone of the circles, i.e. blue circles so I use orange etc. I normally apply it with my fingers and then use a brush to apply concealer on top. If it's REALLY bad, then I may use YSL's touche eclat on top of the darkest part only and then lightly apply powder to set it.

HTH! :smile: