College Football: Those Whose Teams Lost...Come and Mourn

Hey this is a thread for those whose teams lost...

Anyhow, yes, we lost last night. Though I guarantee it was NOT because of superior speed or strength and hearing that is just BS. Check the Wells run... against the corner and safety who are said to be the FASTEST.

OSU did not lose because of SEC speed. OSU lost because they played stupid and had some horrible penalties called. Their own fault.

I am not saying Big 10 is better than the SEC, but I am saying that by standings the people who were supposed to be in the BCS bowl were. The only real argument came about USC being in the game. And that did not happen. Either way, arguing about who should have been in is pointless- because they were not in.

And this past year OSU had an easier schedule, but game 2 next year is against USC at USC. At least OSU realizes that we have an easier schedule and actually does something about it.

^^^I know...but I couldn't resist. Come on...it's KU and football for pete's sake...I had to gloat! LOL

Speaking of the easy schedules...I use to trash K-state for the schedules their coach laid out for them. It was typically very easy and had some more difficult thrown in and increased as the year went. But, we all see how well that technique worked w/that program. He built up their confidence and they went from a team that couldn't win a game in years to being on top (not the last few :smile:)
KU was given crap because of the easier schedule. But, I have to say, I see the merit in it and see the big picture. I've been attending KU football games for years. Games where there was no one in the stands but a few of us die hard hot-dog eaters. Every year the same...no confidence=no wins. Finally, this year, you could see their confidence build and their TALENT grow as they won more and more. And thankfully, in the end, they showed they did indeed have talent.
So, my point is an easy schedule, imo, is sometimes a team-building strategy and the schedule can always be increased in difficulty each year, but if the team has zero confidence, they'll never improve.

^ Agree. This year OSU was predicted to be 3rd in the Big 10 alone, let alone not even close to going to the BCS. This was a team building year. We only have 2 Seniors on the team that play!!! So I get it completely- coaches do things for a reason :yes:

Hey, I think KU did a fabulous job this year!

^I don't think I was saying that the SEC wasn't a strong conference, was I? In fact just the opposite. SC has been there as well - auburn was in my recent memory and the fact that you named Ark as a reg. res. in the top 25 drives home my point as well. You can't predict what a team will be like when scheduling at all but it is a testament that they are generally ranked each year.

they've been ranked in the past few years because of Darren MacFadden, but one of USC victories was when he was out injured. Beating Arkansas without Darren MacFadden is not an accomplishment. I know that's not USC's fault because they didn't know that when scheduling, but even WITH him, they're not one of the better teams in the SEC, even if they ARE a top 25 team sometimes. the SEC powerhouses are the ones i mentioned in my previous post, and compared to them, Arkansas is highly mediocre. because i'm used to the SEC, i consider not being in the top 15 to be pretty darn mediocre. it just depends on what you're used to.

Hey this is a thread for those whose teams lost...

Anyhow, yes, we lost last night. Though I guarantee it was NOT because of superior speed or strength and hearing that is just BS. Check the Wells run... against the corner and safety who are said to be the FASTEST.

OSU did not lose because of SEC speed. OSU lost because they played stupid and had some horrible penalties called. Their own fault.

I am not saying Big 10 is better than the SEC, but I am saying that by standings the people who were supposed to be in the BCS bowl were. The only real argument came about USC being in the game. And that did not happen. Either way, arguing about who should have been in is pointless- because they were not in.

And this past year OSU had an easier schedule, but game 2 next year is against USC at USC. At least OSU realizes that we have an easier schedule and actually does something about it.

oh please. i like you and all, megs, but us real football fans are sick of hearing this crap from you big 10 people :yes:

This is what I LOVE about college football. Everyone is very passionate about their teams. I try to be the same about basketball but I don't get to know the players that well because the good ones are 1 and done. Penalties will kill you though every time no matter how good you are. I will say this - OSU was supposed to be in a down year this year so I do think they did well for what the prediction was. Ask ND fans about a down year though. I think part of the problem with the Big 10 is the devotion to old school play. I think scheduling a Pac 10 team as Mich. did with Oregon this year and OSU and SC next year will open some eyes. I do think its good that Mich. hired Rich Rodriguez as well. As for SC, I don't think we should have been in it either, I am a firm believer in flat out winning. I will say as well though and I am sure Megs and Amanda would agree, when you are powerhouse, every team you play "gets up" to play you. You get their best game and if you make any mistakes it can be over before you know it.

oh please. i like you and all, megs, but us real football fans are sick of hearing this crap from you big 10 people :yes:

Same SEC BS from every SEC team. I said SEC IS better than the Big 10 as a whole, but the teams that were supposed to play in the championship did. OSU lost, LSU won. I am not saying that is different. I am saying SEC did not prove ultimate speed. Everyone spoke about SEC speed and I am simply saying that is NOT what won the game.

This is what I LOVE about college football. Everyone is very passionate about their teams. I try to be the same about basketball but I don't get to know the players that well because the good ones are 1 and done. Penalties will kill you though every time no matter how good you are. I will say this - OSU was supposed to be in a down year this year so I do think they did well for what the prediction was. Ask ND fans about a down year though. I think part of the problem with the Big 10 is the devotion to old school play. I think scheduling a Pac 10 team as Mich. did with Oregon this year and OSU and SC next year will open some eyes. I do think its good that Mich. hired Rich Rodriguez as well. As for SC, I don't think we should have been in it either, I am a firm believer in flat out winning. I will say as well though and I am sure Megs and Amanda would agree, when you are powerhouse, every team you play "gets up" to play you. You get their best game and if you make any mistakes it can be over before you know it.

Precisely why we lost to you all... you played up against OSU and we uhh.. I don't know what we did :amuse:

Verbal :boxing: I love it. The media does buy into the whole SEC dominance thing.

i guess perception is reality, because in SEC circles, it's a long-held beef that the media DOES NOT give us the kind of support we deserve. ESPN does all kinds of sexual favors for teams like USC, OSU and Notre Dame (which are like a college football Axis of Evil to SEC fans), but we generally feel like we get shafted. for example, Auburn's dominance in 2004, yet they were left out of the National Title game in favor of Oklahoma, who got EMBARRASSED. Auburn was undefeated that year, and I got the chance to see them play at home in Jordan-Hare. There was no doubt in any SEC fan's mind that they should have gone to the National Championship game OR that they would have won.

^ But they did not... come on, every fan thinks their team deserves better or will win. The season played out, this is what happened, and that is that. No use to keep dwelling on should have could have's. There is always next season. And if a team deserves to go and earns their place, that is where they will be. It may have some problems, but it is not some huge jaded system that shafts every team just because.

^ But they did not... come on, every fan thinks their team deserves better or will win. The season played out, this is what happened, and that is that. No use to keep dwelling on should have could have's. There is always next season. And if a team deserves to go and earns their place, that is where they will be. It may have some problems, but it is not some huge jaded system that shafts every team just because.

They didn't because the BCS generally shafts SEC teams. Auburn isn't my team, I have no affiliation with them, and they're actually a pretty big rival for UGA. They beat a very good UGA team that year, it was one of our few losses (I believe we finished in the top 10, maybe top 5). Most football fans look back on 2004 and AGREE that Auburn should have gone instead of Oklahoma, whether they're SEC people or not. Oklahoma got blown out by USC, and the three schools all had identical records. Auburn plays in a harder conference, had a tougher schedule, and was a better team than Oklahoma that year, simple as that. The BCS made a mistake, and it's mistakes like that that make the SEC folks open our big mouths.

That's just an example, but it's things like that that make us so adamant that people pay attention to us.

:popcorn:Go Hawks?

:graucho:Why don't you two just convert to a Jayhawk. If we are never good at football again, at least we had 3 months of winning tradition and...there's always basketball.