Cold feet...

I so understand how you are thinking

Guilt re the downpayement on the property yes you are saving for this , but that journey does not have to be tough tough tough, you are both young and should reward yourselves along this path towards property

I think you know the bag you truly desire and thats the black box, ( I love box) but maybe if you re looked over the threads a black in another leather would be ok.

I dont think for one moment this will be your last bag , its the first on your journey.

Now remember property ownership the word mortgage actually means in french " Death Debt" we work hard all our lives to pay for the PROPERTY , only to have to worry who to leave it to at the end

So , please accept DH gesture and look forward to this bag its a reward for both of your hard work and a treat on the way to the property

and remember Dreams can come true, go for it I say and cuddle yourself , saying yes I do deserve this

xx

ardneish, you are soooo sweet...thank you for your post, it made my eyes water a little bit! xoxo

I just realized that what you said about purchasing a piece of property is sooo true! Both DH and I have been stressed out about that lately and he has been working soooo hard! I never looked at it that way until you put it out there.

hello2703, I am glad all this over-obsessing is considered normal! Only you guys understand...

Lune de Miel, Sus, Trocadero, Kelly_Birkin, I am going to talk to DH again when he comes home tonight because before he could finish saying what he was trying to say, I hung up the phone on him! I don't even know why :shrugs: the heck I did that. He called back and I apologized and he said he had to go into a meeting and I haven't spoken to him since...maybe the connection isn't for a birkin and I will be back to square one.

Getting cold feet is normal, I got them when I was planning to buy my first. I had been planning to go the reseller route for a Birkin and when I found the perfect bag I panicked and came running to the forum for advice. I ended up not buying that bag as after spending a few weeks here, I really wanted the full Hermes experience.

Your reasons are different but I think ardneish is right. You need to reward yourself along the way :heart:

I say 'GO FOR IT'. Not many people are fortunate enough to have that kind of connection with H. So, grab this opportunity.

ITA with everyone. Since your DH is the one who wants to indulge you, why don't you accept his gesture? Don't feel guilty or anything like that, I'm sure your DH has already come up with a plan for it (Re: downpayment on the property).

Big ((((HUGS)))) to you :love:.

the same thing happened to me...i always wanted a birkin and was told i had to go by and hope they had one on a shelf. I mentioned to a very good friend what i was told he made a few calls and a month later i got my birkin...:yahoo: you are very lucky to have a connect many don't and have to wait years...JUMP and get it
:tup:

And plus...this is like a first date...I think DH is moving WAY too FAST! I hinted to him that next yr when I turn 30 (in Sept), I would like something special like a birkin and he's already asking me the specs! Yikes...I think I need some space!

Honey, make like the Polar Bear club and JUMP RIGHT IN. What a generous DH you have! You wouldn't want to let him down, right? :graucho: I mean, I'm sure he's all excited about spoiling you with what makes you... well, do this!... you can't take that away from him. What kind of DW would you be???? :graucho:

That´s absolutely fantastic news, congratulations!! Start by looking at the fantastic visuals in reference section. Choose a Birkin that sings for you!

Cold feet, Hot feet, you are getting a wonderful birkin!! Just think hard about the size and colour! You have a wonderful DH! The ladies above are right about the feelings as well! Congrats!!x

Dear Ms. Fnsta:

It is NORMAL!!! All the anxiety, the planning, the dreaming of your 'ideal 1st Birkin' has gotten you all stress out and when the moment actually comes, the reality of actually owning one hit and the excitement just fade away.....

Did you ever think about maybe allow your DH to SURPRISE you with the color/size/leather of your 1st Birkin?!

Maybe this can bring back the facination and anticipation?!

Just a thought, or AM I crazy to suggest you on trusting yourself in a "man's hands"?!

Can't wait to hear what you'll be getting?!

CONGRAT!!!

I was in a similar position earlier this year. DH told me to buy my dream bag--he was somewhat insistent about it. His rationale was "If you know that this is what you want, why wait?". I would ask you the same question.

Buying it did cause me some anxiety--so much money, and such a commitment to a bag. But, once I took the plunge, I've never regretted it. I do love the bag, and DH loves that I love it.

You sound like you know what you want, and you deserve it. If DH wants to get it for you, relax and enjoy the H ride!!