coach?

Inky Paws said:
I support what GIA said.

I have a few Coach purses and after being on this forum the general feeling that "I" have gotten was that Coach wasn't a "real designer" and it has made me think about my Coachs in a different way.

Me too. :sad:

I have been a Coach fan for years.... I still have all but 2 of them.
A little bit of their leather lotion, and voila, they look almost brand new again. Of course it helps that I always bought black. :P

I wonder if that is why I have been having such a hard time finding the perfect black bag....all I carried for years was black. I was terrified to get anything other for fear it would get messed up. Back then I would buy one purse and use it for a year or so before I would go and buy another.

OK, since I work for them (Coach) I am probably somewhat biased, but I truly believe that they make both classic bags and trendy styles that provide a bit of luxury that is accessible to more people than most of the other designers that we talk about on the forum. I routinely have people bring bags in that are from the 60's and 70's to have minor repairs made to them (stitching, new findings, etc.) and am amazed at the staying power and quality of most Coach items. If I didn't work for them, I probably wouldn't own as many as I do, but I still think that it is a brand that I would buy if I wanted reasonably priced quality merchandise. It's totally cool to me that people like or dislike Coach, personally, and I know that I am in the minority here, but I could care less about LV. Neither the styles or the pricetags do it for me (although I am semi-interested in the new strawberry vernis color for Spring). I think that the forum should be for everyone that enjoys stylish accessories, of all designers and prices.

i grew up wishing i had a coach bag, seeing everyone with coach watches...i knew about LV...but in my family who now is well to do, you didnt spend money on such items. then i bought the wristlet since i had thought that purses were girly since the only girls my age would fall into that catagory. now i find that i cant throw all of my keys, cash, cards, touch ups, tampons, everything into a pocket or whatever...trust me i tried, in grade school i was the only one who could stuff a wind breaker in one of those dkny black rectangular purses..though now i dont know if i should be proud of that LOL. however now i see girls half my age toting around them all the time, the style has gotten more playful, but its just not me. i saw that black hobo, with the Cs, the only type i liked with the C's because since its black you couldnt notice it at first, but hated the white stitching. i think coach is a great company, though i am sad that a company that once created great baseball gloves has succumbed to put huge flowers and fish everywhere, but they always have one or two bags that surprise me. now a days as you can see by my tag line, im falling in love with burberrys simple sophiscation. i dont love it because its a popular brand, it just catches my eye, so i say hey you like that coach bag, you have the money and are willling to put it for the bag, then go ahead!

to tell you the truth. coach is really a hit or miss for me, same with other designers. i just go by what i like.

since i've been there for the past months, i've yet to see anything that i've really jumped on. but yet i see a lot of older pieces i love. like the patent leather gallery totes (wide big ones, not this season's smaller ones) and the yellow pebbled leather tote with perferated holes along the stitches, the polka dot (which i got thank goodness!), the embossed mini c note jotter that folded like a wallet?, the agendas in the green, yellow (i got this at outlet) and pink...i could go on.

but this season i'm really loving it. i already picked up the stripe pouch keyfob, the stripe ponytail scarf (i will get the 24x24 next week), the cancer zodiac charm, and the signature stripe agenda. i haven't decided what bag i want but the patent leather tote with rings might win me over yet...but we'll see.

I joined this forum for Coach and Coach only. Sure, I love lots of brands of handbags, but many of the thousand dollar ones do not impress me. I have very specific tastes when it comes to fashion and Coach just appeals to me more than anything else. Granted, there are some Coach styles that I do not like, but I go crazy for the majority of them. Since I am a full time grad student, I can't even afford Coach most of the time. For ME, Coach is a treat and more expensive bags are insane. If you've got the money and you love a thousand $ bag, go for it. When I get the money I go for Coach. I just love it. In the small rural town where I am from it is rare for people to carry Coach and anything more expensive is pretty much non-existant. I only know 2 people with an authentic LV and noone else knows what the heck Dior, Hermes, or Chanel even is.
If I was a millionaire I would still buy mostly Coach. I just love it.

I could buy other designer bags, but i chose Coach. Where i live, many women don't carry LV or Hermes (and if they do they are fake) there are lots of fakes here (Canal Street, NY) which i see people with. Coach appeals to me more than any other designer.

Coach makes quality bags at far more reasonable prices than other designers. Yes, there are the straw summer bags with fish or other (what I would consider) ridiculous things on them, but the line overall has something for everyone - from a $2500 satchel in an exotic material to a $100 small sale bag at an outlet.

It is easy for some people to say, "Oh, for another $300 I could own _____ instead," but that is the full price of a number of Coach bags. And that can be a lot of money to spend for some people. I think some people look down at Coach simply because of the prices, and that is sad. I buy a bag for the design and craftsmanship, not simply the name.

I just ordered the Legacy Hippie bag, and I cannot wait for its arrival. I could have purchased a LV this fall, but chose this bag instead based on its design and ease of use. I love the brand and have nothing but good things to say about it.