Coach tags - toss 'em or keep 'em?

Hi all,

Curious if you other Coach lovers keep your Coach hangtags attached to your handbags/purses/totes/wristlets, or do you remove them and store them somewhere, or just toss them?

Does it matter if the hangtags are leather or the big clunky metal ones (usu brass or nickel)?

I've never thought to remove mine (even the clunky ones), but read in a style book that all designer/maker tags should be removed.

What do you think?

Reactions: Burrnaddebt
My sabrina had 3 hangtags (duuh) and the biggest metal one bugged me (making this sound everywhere i go) so i took it off and hung it on my car rearview mirror ;) I guess its not the best thing to do, but at least its "in use" lol.

Reactions: Burrnaddebt
I would NEVER toss them. I personally think that devalues the bag, especially if you ever thought you'd resell it. I love the look of them personally and keep them on my bags!!

I definitely keep mine attached, it never would have occurred to me to remove them, and I would never ever throw them away. I think they're part of the look of the bag.

"Before You Put That On" by Lloyd Boston - he suggests that all exterior tags that are made of the same material of the handbag be removed and considers it a major style offense if you don't.

Apparently, I've been an offender all my life and looks like I'll happily stay that way since so many of you will be in the same style pokey with me if they catch us :smile: