Coach Suede Cleaning?

So Bunny, you would suggest spraying my "mixed" material bags all over w/the suede protectant (they are unused and clean) instead of covering all materials not suede before spraying? That spray won't hurt patent or leather, etc?

Lushfashionista, did you pretreat your suede on your bags before using?
I have a patent bag myself but I havn't used the spray over it yet.

I HAVE used it over reg. leather, and unless you really want to individually condition each piece, I'd just suggest spraying it over the suede and reg. leather or trying a small part of the pat. w/ the spray. Pat. leather is not extremely porous (but is somewhat), hence why it does well to protect stuff especially w/ rain (or atleast that's what most like the pat. leather for...). It can however be very scent -porous, it holds smells in and can permeate them very well, so that's something to take note of if you buy something vinyl of sorts as if someone was a smoker or heavy perfume user it can sometimes be hard to extract that scent from.

i just got done appling up my Thompson's pebbled leather hobo, and I'll be rain garding it prior to use to prevent any "preventable" color transfer, and if I do have some it should be easier to remove after the spray garde.

Apple suede and nubuck cleaner works really well. I think it's better than the suede cleaner kit from Coach.

That said, I always spray my suede before use with Shining Monkey. I like this better than Apple rain and stain for really porous leathers and vachetta.

I have a East/West Duffle with a Suede bottom that I got really cheap because it was used and the suede was pretty bad. Well, someone posted on here about using a fingernail file to clean suede so, I took that idea but, instead, I used a really fine grain sand paper block that I had in my closet and just started rubbing the suede with it and believe it or not, it worked wonderfully!!
So, you may want to try something like that before putting any kind of chemicals on it.