Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

• Love
Reactions: katev and KiltyR45
These "buy it nows" are where you can find bargains on shopgoodwill.com. If one Elle chain tote is good, then two is twice as nice. I found another, in white/cream for $29.95. Another shout-out for Leather CPR. A light wipe and all those "stains" vanished. Before: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/193770401

Attachments

• elle stains.jpg
    elle stains.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240322_160025_resized.jpg
    20240322_160025_resized.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240322_155953_resized.jpg
    20240322_155953_resized.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240322_154112_resized.jpg
    20240322_154112_resized.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240322_154245_resized.jpg
    20240322_154245_resized.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 6
These "buy it nows" are where you can find bargains on shopgoodwill.com. If one Elle chain tote is good, then two is twice as nice. I found another, in white/cream for $29.95. Another shout-out for Leather CPR. A light wipe and all those "stains" vanished. Before: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/193770401
I have to say your post inspired me to snoop through the buy it now section for both Coach & Dooney’s. The auction side is getting out of hand with the bids $$$ + shipping. Oh and have you noticed a lot of them have started putting $2 bid increments?!

Back in November, I was able to snag a Ritchie & Sutton in that section. But I haven’t seen them put much vintage Coach in buy it now, for a while now.

Has anybody re-dyed their vintage bags, in particular a red bag? I have a Quincey that I cleaned up, but the color hasn’t come back much. If you have, what brand and color did you use?

View attachment 5971060

Also, while I’ve been organizing my closet I found this cleaner. This has to be from around 2004.

View attachment 5971061
I don't know about dye, but over the years I have seen a few people here that uses Sahpir products that were cream/recolorants, not dyes though and I believe another shoe cream brand that got nice results.
I picked up a red Swagger last year that I gave a basic wipedown, CPR app. Looking forward to pulling that out when I get some energy back to start rehabbing. See what it really needs ...

Last edited:
Hello! This is my very first rehab type project other than moisturizing.

I bought this cute bag from thrift and washed it in the washing machine. It came out great! Except for the major color loss on the patent hot pink (or maybe this is magenta)

Do you have any advice on fixing this?

Otherwise even tho this is out of style I think its cute for vacation etc.

Attachments

• 29625036-7B5E-4E70-9D03-143EB5972D62.jpeg
    29625036-7B5E-4E70-9D03-143EB5972D62.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 10
  • C93D83AA-AE47-4BDC-B1EA-18C245A02E10.jpeg
    C93D83AA-AE47-4BDC-B1EA-18C245A02E10.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 10
Hello! This is my very first rehab type project other than moisturizing.

I bought this cute bag from thrift and washed it in the washing machine. It came out great! Except for the major color loss on the patent hot pink (or maybe this is magenta)

Do you have any advice on fixing this?

Otherwise even tho this is out of style I think its cute for vacation etc.
I used to have a bag in the same colorway. I had trouble fixing the color on the patent too. I know nail polish doesn't work. I can't remember what I used or if it worked. You could try fabric paint since it is glossy but you might not be able to match the color.

Reactions: Jacynthe and katev
I used to have a bag in the same colorway. I had trouble fixing the color on the patent too. I know nail polish doesn't work. I can't remember what I used or if it worked. You could try fabric paint since it is glossy but you might not be able to match the color.
Thanks for answering. Do you have experience with either of these products?

Amazon TRG shoe cream

Amazon Tarrago Leather Dye

Not really. I think you might have trouble getting leather dye to work on the patent surface.
Thanks. I might give it a shot anyway--the leather is much less shiny since I washed it and some places like the handle are completely dull, so maybe it is worth a shot. I searched both listings for the term patent and some people reported success with it. So I guess I will try it!

Reactions: whateve
Thanks. I might give it a shot anyway--the leather is much less shiny since I washed it and some places like the handle are completely dull, so maybe it is worth a shot. I searched both listings for the term patent and some people reported success with it. So I guess I will try it!
Let us know how it works. After you are done restoring the color, you could probably use some gloss varnish to make it shinier.

I found this listing and saw the inside of the bag has some sort of discoloration. It looks like someone commented asking if it was mold but the seller said it’s wear. What do you guys think? It looks a lot like mold to me lol. Here’s a link to the listing and I’ll attach pics as well: https://posh.mk/83qAjri0dIb

Attachments

• IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Haha
Reactions: KiltyR45
I found this listing and saw the inside of the bag has some sort of discoloration. It looks like someone commented asking if it was mold but the seller said it’s wear. What do you guys think? It looks a lot like mold to me lol. Here’s a link to the listing and I’ll attach pics as well: https://posh.mk/83qAjri0dIb
LMAO That’s 💯 mold! Ironically I was looking through some listing and came upon another Fletcher, no mold. 😅🥴🤣😭

Reactions: coachomufi
LMAO That’s 💯 mold! Ironically I was looking through some listing and came upon another Fletcher, no mold. 😅🥴🤣😭

I just got a Fletcher 4150 in red for rehab. Same day, another person was requesting authentication for another red 4150. Seems to be a lot of interest in this style lately!

Attachments

• 4150 red.jpg
    4150 red.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 6