Coach Employee Knocking LV...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SA chimes in 'Oh well Louis Vuitton isn't that great you know. They don't provide you with a lifetime guarantee like Coach does. Our customer service is much better. You can bring your bag in anytime and get free repairs and free maintenance.

I just smiled and nodded...and we left empty handed. As we left I commented to my hubby....'Louis Vuitton doesn't need to advertise a lifetime guarantee because their canvas bags will keep on ticking for 100 years without any damage!'

I just thought it was funny.....and also a tad bit rude to be knocking another brand. She could sell Coach's merits without dissing another brand.

The Coach leather on my briefcase is much nicer than the trim on any of my LV canvas bags/wallets. I appreciate the lifetime guarantee, too. Even though Coach is made in China and Louis in (insert prestigious country of origin here), Coach stuff just feels more durable, to me. Also, I've seen women taking their purses back to LV to have leather straps that have SNAPPED replaced. Quality, indeed. I know that I'm getting taken for a ride by LVMH, but I can't help myself - Louis is sooo desirable!

Edit: One rant I forgot: LV's zippers are the worst! WHERE are they sourced from? Why don't they use a quality manufacturer like YKK? It's so embarrassing that the zipper on a $1000k bag sticks...especially when one is in the security line at the airport. They're sooo pretty, but cheap cheap cheap!

You're being overly critical of the SA, in my opinion.

She IS advertising her store's products. She's using the warranty and repair and maintenance line. It's something that could add up if a strap becomes loose or whatever needs to be cleaned. I don't know. Ask in detail and perhaps Coach has something really unique in terms of servicing their bags.

Twiggers- get your mom the speedy. She will love it!

I have never gone to a Coach store- only outlet. Last time I went to the one in Foley, I asked for help in picking something for my nieces (16 and 13). She looked at my bag (mini denim pleaty) and said, "Wow, your nieces have better taste than you".

Kid you not. I will not go back to that outlet store- but I will continue to buy Coach as my nieces love them. Though the 16 yr old asked my at Thanksgiving when was I going to buy her first LV....

Free repairs from Coach? I don't know about that. I once brought in a leather keychain and they wouldn't repair it for free. Maybe they've changed their policies recently.

their repair policy on bags is awesome. if something breaks on it, they will either fix it for free, replace it, or give you store credit. I bought a bag 50% off at macy's only to have the piping on it wear off, and I got full store credit for it. I think it's only for bags though.

but yeah, boo on the SA. I know whenever I go to coach and have an LV or bbag the girls are still super nice and drool over whatever I have. they realize you can love both!! ;)

That's such a shame. if I had my LV with me and the SA told me that, i probably would've smacked her 5 times across the eyes with it and have her see for herself (up close and personal) the quality that LV has. lols! the nerve that some people have :rolleyes:

That's so funny. Sadly I do agree that she should not have dissed another brand. Go figure! She obviously does not know anything about LV (the fine and prestigious quality of this brand).

Status
Not open for further replies.