Clear plastic?

Blair Waldorf

Aug 15, 2006
I hate it when a little detail ruins a perfectly good shoe. Stella McCartney, I hate you for this:

index.jpg

These shoes look so nice otherwise but the clear trim just says cheap to me. I saw some of these shoes in person and they don't look any better. From far away they can be eye-catching, then you approach and see the weird plastic. Why is it there? I feel like I've seen other designers do it too, but can't think of them off the top of my head, so I'm picking on Stella. I don't know, am I being too harsh? What do you guys think of the clear? Sorry if you guys love it. It may look better on a foot.

lol yay for the n00b bump! I think it can be really badly done, as shown and urgh I can imagine all the blisters anyone who buys those shows will get. Plastic is so unforgiving!

I completly agree.. The first thing i thought of was "shoes that have just gone through a recycling machine." I have the strongest urge to get out a pair of scissors and cut the plastic right off!!

It's terrible. Same with the otherwise adorable sandal. From a distance it looks really cute, then up close you see the plastic trim and it's, ugh, why did you do that.

I do occasionally like the lucite looking heel, but plastic on the shoe itself, I can't handle it.

I had a pair of plastic shoes when I was a kid. Most uncomfortable things ever. I really wouldn't even consider purchasing a pair of shoes with plastic, especially when there are so many other amazing shoes out there

I agree that it cheapens the shoe. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Stella meeting where someone envisioned clear plastic all over their shoes would be all the rage. :Push: :yucky: