Cleaning/Caring for Chanel PATENT Leather.

aww :sad: ask a Chanel SA if it's possible to remove those marks if it is sent in for cleaning? If not, I'd ask for a refund because those definitely don't sound minor...

Are the marks on the surface of the atent leather or below? I lost a gorgeous red patent leather bag last year because huge black marks appeared on it. According to my leather repairman, patent leather is very sensitive to color migration and if it's stored too closely to darker bags, over time the dark color will transfer to the patent leather. I had stored my red bag in its sleeper bag on top of a black purse and voila! Not repairable.

I'd go with refund if the marks are substantial.

Are the marks on the surface of the atent leather or below? I lost a gorgeous red patent leather bag last year because huge black marks appeared on it. According to my leather repairman, patent leather is very sensitive to color migration and if it's stored too closely to darker bags, over time the dark color will transfer to the patent leather. I had stored my red bag in its sleeper bag on top of a black purse and voila! Not repairable.

I'd go with refund if the marks are substantial.

well, she did disclose the marks so i really cant go after a refund. plus, the photos do show them but i didn't see them during my excitement. the marks seems to be on the surface so i am thinking it can be fixed? i guess i could send it in and see what happens. i want to cry...

I got a small scuff mark on my black Gucci patent clutch. I was FREAKING out, because it was my mom's vintage clutch (but in GREAT, like new condition when she gave it to me).

I happened to have a black paint marker (not a Sharpie, a PAINT marker--you can find them in the craft section at Walmart). I used that and voila. You can't even tell the scuff mark was there unless you look really really closely. It's not a perfect fix, but it will at least help cover up.

Since your bag is ivory, perhaps try to find a paint marker in a cream/ivory color. Test it on a very discreet part of the bag before you do anything drastic.

I got a small scuff mark on my black Gucci patent clutch. I was FREAKING out, because it was my mom's vintage clutch (but in GREAT, like new condition when she gave it to me).

I happened to have a black paint marker (not a Sharpie, a PAINT marker--you can find them in the craft section at Walmart). I used that and voila. You can't even tell the scuff mark was there unless you look really really closely. It's not a perfect fix, but it will at least help cover up.

Since your bag is ivory, perhaps try to find a paint marker in a cream/ivory color. Test it on a very discreet part of the bag before you do anything drastic.

thanks for the advice. i found an internet site that does amazing work on purses. it's called margarets in so cal. i am going to send my bag there and see if they can do anything. i read that chanel often sends them stuff to fix.

Reactions: Stratford
thanks for the advice. i found an internet site that does amazing work on purses. it's called margarets in so cal. i am going to send my bag there and see if they can do anything. i read that chanel often sends them stuff to fix.
http://lovinmybags.com/

Another option. :biggrin:

Someone posted before and after pics of a pink cambon and the work was AMAZING. It was in pretty horrible condition color wise and they made it look damn near brand new.

The Margarets place sounds good too if Chanel sends their stuff there. Good luck!

Hello all,,

I just bought White patent Chanel bag from Ebay.. It looks like classic flap, but a little different.. don't know the name of this bag.. ebay link is below.. If anyone know the name of the bag.. please let me know~ :smile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310024301686&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

The problem is.. this bag is very badly stained.. I saw pictures but thought.. it could be cleansed.. and it had super low BIN price,, $399.. Now.. I am kinda concerned,, if I can really clean it.. it looks like those are permanent marker stains..

If I take this to Chanel store,, will they offer cleaning service or any kind? Or,, is there any professional leather repair & cleaning shop to recommend??

any information would help me.. Thanks in advance!! :lol:

I hate to say this but I think you may be SOL. I have heard that it is almost impossible to clean patent b/c it gets sticky. Obviously take it to chanel to confirm and see if there is anything that can be done but that is really bad.

ItsMyWorld..
Thanks for your info.. i think so too,, i just called one of local leather repair store,, he said.. i might need to re-color the whole bag.. but I don't think I will ever gonna do that.. :sad:

I have this expert shoe repairman in BH that most of the boutiques send their bags to for service. He said there is nothing that will clean patent leather and it can't be dyed. It would appear that you are SOL. Either carry it as is or break out the colored paint pens and get creative. Good luck! In future, no patent leather that's not pristine! :shrugs:

When you receive the bag, try cleaning a little portion of it with NON-Acetone nail polish remover. That's what I have used to clean up patent leather Louis Vuitton bags. If the stains have not penetrated the patent then they will come off with the NON-Acetone nail polish remover. Best of luck.