Cleaning/Buying

maimaie

Jul 8, 2007
I have a few questions.

Question 1: I recently bought a new slightly used bag and it has some barley noticeable dirt marks on it. Normally I don't care about dirt on a purse, but this is the most expensive bag I own, and I want it clean! How can I safely clean it?

Question 2: I am looking at buying a second Toki off eBay. The bag looks real, except that it looks a little too blue, and I have asked for more pictures to verify that is is real. However, I am a little worried because the seller has just 3 feedback. Can you guys tell me if this is a known seller of fakes?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280150438707&ssPageName=STRK:MEMM:IID

Thanks again,
Amy,
maimaie.

you can use a tide pen to clean your bag or a mr. clean magic eraser...

and for that pirata zucca, it's looks good... i think the color may look off because of the lighting. but if you have any doubts you should ask for additional pictures of underside of the zipper, it should say "riri"

I recently bought a used bag that had quite a few dirty spots on it, too. Oxyclean with warm water and a clean rag worked quite nicely. After I used plain water and a fresh rag to make sure I got all the soap off. Looks like new :smile:

When in doubt, ask for more pics! If they can't/won't provide you with more pictures, you should stay away. Also, try asking in the "authenticate this" thread. There are many experts that can help you.

As for the dirt, try using the Shout wipes. They look like moist towelettes but you can use that to wipe off the stains.