Classic White Shirt

I second @880 with Charvet, although I’ve only had bespoke.

Also Huntsman-I think I’ve pictured this somewhere else, but my favourite white shirt was made by Sean O’Flynn, Huntsman’s shirtmaker (years ago, I don’t have it anymore), using Millenium Star shirting.
Thank you, you are so very fortunate to have these experiences. :smile: In the US, I believe Huntsman primarily does bespoke suiting bc demand is so high. It’s a 10 minute walk from Turnbull & Asser (both on 57th st). Huntsman refers those in need of shirts to Turnbull, and Turnbull referred DH to Huntsman for a bespoke vest. Both Huntsman and Turnbull organize trunk shows to Texas, Chicago, and the West Coast around the same time, so a potential client could visit both at once.

The number of measurements that charvet takes for a MtM shirt is amazing, and that is what Paris recommends if one can easily fit into a standard size (with some adjustment). @cecchetti, being so slim and a former dancer, would of course need bespoke :smile:. I’m hoping to continue with RTW charvet if it continues to fit, or MtM if I decide on different fabrics.

• Thanks
Reactions: cecchetti
Thank you, you are so very fortunate to have these experiences. :smile: In the US, I believe Huntsman primarily does bespoke suiting bc demand is so high. It’s a 10 minute walk from Turnbull & Asser (both on 57th st). Huntsman refers those in need of shirts to Turnbull, and Turnbull referred DH to Huntsman for a bespoke vest. Both Huntsman and Turnbull organize trunk shows to Texas, Chicago, and the West Coast around the same time, so a potential client could visit both at once.

The number of measurements that charvet takes for a MtM shirt is amazing, and that is what Paris recommends if one can easily fit into a standard size (with some adjustment). @cecchetti, being so slim and a former dancer, would of course need bespoke :smile:. I’m hoping to continue with RTW charvet if it continues to fit, or MtM if I decide on different fabrics.
Charvet bespoke in Paris is great fun!
I had beautiful shirts in amazing shirtings, in high count Chantilly white poplin, beautiful Swiss blue shirtings, different collars, cuffs etc..the possibilities are endless.
I don’t have any pictures, but I was living in le Palais Royal at the time, literally 5 minutes walk away, it was so convenient, I had silver knot cufflinks for the double cuff ones from there-the staff were charming.

The white shirting floor is like an Aladdins cave, there are zillions of them!

• Love
Reactions: ladysarah and 880