Christian Louboutin will be on Oprah 1/15

20080115_204_350x263.jpg

I love these shoes in that teal color :amuse:

Here are pics of the CL shoes featured on Oprah and text from the show..... (warning long post)

20080115_201_350x263.jpg

Christian Louboutin shoes are so exquisite, they're like works of art for your feet! Every part of every shoe is handmade—right down to its signature red sole. "Christian likes to say when he designs a shoe it's much more like designing a jewelry collection than it is following fashion," says Christian Louboutin spokeswoman Shawna Rose.

This hot pink pair is a perfect example of that! "The black crystals across the front are like three bracelets laying across your toe," Shawna says. "If you have a black-tie event and all you have is a black dress, then you've got all your accessories in one place."

Oprah says she has a place for this shoe, but it's not on her feet. "I would take that shoe out of the box, and I would just sort of have it on the counter," she says. "I'm not kidding, y'all. I would put it on the shelf like a piece of sculpture to look at."

20080115_202_350x263.jpg

Dancers also inspire Christian Louboutin's creations. "This has a Spanish flamenco feel from the black ruffle in the front," Shawna says.

Shawna says these shoes accentuate the sexiness of the arch of the foot—one of Christian's favorite parts of the foot—but they're also made for a twirl around the dance floor. "The T-strap keeps your foot in place," she says.

20080115_203_350x263.jpg

Christian Louboutin also makes shoes for everyday wear—but with a hint of sexiness. These plum pumps are a classic style, but the curved heel and placement of the strap give them added oomph. "Sexy and very feminine," Oprah says.

20080115_204_350x263.jpg

Mellow yellow these shoes aren't! "This is a great feminine update on a silhouette I think people have come to equate with Louboutin, with this beautiful handmade bow," Shawna says. "Very much elongates the leg."

But true beauty might come at a price—Oprah calls these "Hurt me, Mama!" shoes. "You look pretty when you first walk in the room, then go sit down. That's what you need to do," Oprah jokes. "Because you're not standing long."

20080115_205_350x263.jpg

Oprah already has this sparkly pair at home—all she needs is the matching handbag! "I call them my Dorothy shoes," Oprah says.

In fact, that's exactly what inspired Christian to create these shoes. "Christian likes to play with iconic images. Every little girl going into womanhood dreams of the Cinderella shoe and the ruby slipper, and that's the personification of that," Shawna says.

Oprah says this is a shoe that can go with anything. "I've worn it with jeans on this show, and I've also worn it out with evening wear. It's fantastic," she says.

20080115_206_350x263.jpg

Oprah says this shoe is a conversation onto itself! "That shoe says, 'Talk to me,'" she says. "That's the kind of shoe you walk in the room and you say, 'Look at my feet.'"

"[The shoe also says] 'Look at me from behind,'" Shawna says, "which is what Christian thinks about very much."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His red-hot shoes are on the feet of the world's most stylish women. "My shoes are perfect for the very sexy woman who wants to be elegant," Christian says. tPFs included!!!!

Christian is known for his signature red sole, but he says that idea came to him in a moment of frustration. "The shoe looked unfinished. Something was missing. The girl I was working with was constantly painting her nails so I grabbed her nail polish and put it on the sole," Christian says. "The shoe went totally alive. You know, the red sole basically became my identity and totally a trademark." Didn't know that, very cool!

Oprah calls Christian's shoes "little pieces of sculpture." That's exactly the point, says spokeswoman Shawna Rose. "It's absolutely art for the foot. Christian is inspired by many things … anything from daily life from a doorknob to a flower to, as one of the shoes is named, a sea anemone," Shawna says. "He brings that into his thoughts and feelings about women, which he's very passionate about." As all men should be...

Women invest in these shoes as they would a painting. "Ten hands and a hundred different processes that go into making each and every shoe," Shawna says. "Every element of the shoe is done by one artisan after another." Should we put our favorite pair in a shadow box frame above the mantle?? Naah, put them on your feet and STRUT!

Oprah show cont...

Unfortunately, Christian came down with bronchitis and couldn't attend The Oprah Show, but he still wanted one very lucky audience member to take home a pair of his signature shoes.

Audience member Laurie is the lucky winner! With a little help from Oprah, Laurie chooses a pair of open-toe Tiger Patent Leather heels. Why did she pick that pair? "Because you're going to wear them with your basic black dress and they're gorgeous, right? And jeans," Laurie says. "And brown and beige and black."

"Wear them in good health," Oprah says.

I missed it b/c I was gone, but I'm definitely going to catch the rerun. Thanks for the recap Stephanie!

I was happy to see the glitters and Anemone which I own and Blkladylaw, TOTALLY THOUGHT OF YOU WHEN I SAW THE PARA LA CRUZ FEATURED! lol And, of course the glitters b/c that's when my love of them started (when I saw you strutting your stuff in them)! :smile: