Chloe Paddington a classic or a Trend?

Are they outdated? I sure hope not. I just collecting recently myself. Really, I don't care if they are the latest it bag or not. I enjoy them because they are beautiful and they make me happy!

As each new season approaches, there is always a new 'it' bag. Continually chasing the 'it' bag will only leave us broke and frustrated. I've just recently (in the last year) have falling in love with Chloe, had no interest before, and now, I want them all. What has changed, not sure, I was a BIG MJ fan, still think his bags are great, but now I'm loving Chloe. I just 'hunted down' a silverado when I heard they were being produced no more. I found one on sale ($609) at a Nordstroms in CA, and I live in FL. I had heard via Purse Forum that certain Nordstroms had a few on sale, so I got busy and "dialed for bags." Just finding out that I might not be able to purchase one made me want one more. The Silverado is not my favorite style, I lean toward the Betty, but had to have a Silverado. Based on my experience with my personal bags, and selling on e-bay, true brand lovers are always looking for that bag they don't have, and being unattainable makes us want it more.
I really feel we should follow our heart and stick with bags that make us happy -- enjoy what you love!!

I can base my opinion on the narrow spectrum of my experience. I've been on the search for the ultimate purse for years (haven't we all??). I've bought good purses and liked them, but never really "crazy" about them on the whole. So it wasn't a big deal to get another one. On a shopping trip to Chicago (May 05) with Divnanata and my other sister we see the Chloe Paddington at NM, Nathalie and I literally nuts. I remember saying that the Paddington had all the bells and whistles to be the ultimate bag!! No other purse has ever illicit the reaction I had over that purse (same with Nata).

Interesting we never bought. How could we? First in 05 we were not prepared to spend the asking retail price of 1400 dollars, (even though those damn things were flying off the shelf) and second, they weren't available in St. Louis? We didn't know about the purse forum and even though I was buying primitives on ebay I never thought about purchasing a Chloe through that venue.

In the mean time price acceptance was creeping into our soul's and bravery was mounting, Nathalie drew first blood through Aloha Rag. I see the purchases she acquired IRL allowing that LOVE to be reborn. Plus PP leaving had allot to do with the 'poop or get off the pot' decision.

Here's the deal. For me there are a handful of manufacturers (not just Chloe) that evoke that type emotion within myself. Thus strapping on some balls I made the decision to buy some Chloes and I'm not looking back. Like my antiques when I purchase under those circumstances, I end up appreciating and admiring those items for years. IOW you don't settle for your expensive stuff but buy from the heart. When you do that I don't think you can go wrong....very much.:winkiss:

My collection started about a year ago, so not that long ago either and most recent purchase was weeks ago, but all this chitchat about the new bay is making me so jealous!! (only in a loving, good for you! way of course!)
ITA about not caring what trend is in, but when you work soooo hard and spend all that money, you want it to go soooo far, know what I mean?

I spent a small fortune on LV and now they sit in my closet and collect dust!! I don't want that to happen with these lucious chloes!!

I know!
Sell your LVs and buy a Bay -- then your collection will stay current. :yahoo:

I know!
Sell your LVs and buy a Bay -- then your collection will stay current. :yahoo:

Although this seems like the best solution, I have NO experience selling bags and am the type of person that hangs on to personal items forever!! So for now I'll just have to enjoy my paddy and dream of the Bay....or drop enough hints that my hubby spends the next mortgage payment on the bag for me!! LOL......
The silverados at my Bloomie's were all on sale, hmmm.......

The silverado may be discontinued & "over" but I am lusting over the large metallic pewter in python. :roflmfao:

If you love your bag then it will always be ok. I mean "old" LV styles are still hot!

I think there will always be a place for the Paddington especially as one of Phoebe Philos last great creations for Chloe.

Just enjoy your bags!

To be honest, I loathed the paddys when they first came out and even when they hit it-bag status. I've only recently started to fall in love with them because my taste and style has changed. I think you should follow your feelings when it comes to bags, if you are in love with a certain style and can't stop thinking about it, then it's meant to be.

Also, IMO, paddys will always be the signature of Chloe, and will never truly go out of style. I'm sure most Chloe fans on tPF would agree that when they see an authentic paddy being carried, they certainly don't think "oh God, that's sooo outdated..." I know when I see one I can't help but admire.....

I never try to chase the "it" bag that the celebrities are wearing for several reasons. First of all, at $1400-2500 a bag, I need to not have my chloe bags just be a trend. Second of all, celebrities get "free samples" all the time so that they will be seen with certain products. Who is to say that this year's "it" bag was not given to those celebrities for free so that they would unofficially endorse it and we would all go out and buy it?

I buy my bags because of the quality and the design. Of course in several years I will tire of the styles (I used to have a lot of Marc Jacobs bags, but got sick of the style and have moved on....), but I really don't want to try to compete with Paris Hilton.:supacool:

Just my opinion....

^^^ ITA , I bought my paddys cuz I love the design , but lately I'm annoyed with the quality issues....
Now I'm started to wonder if my paddys will survive long enough to become outdated; too many upsetting stories on the forum in the last couple of days... AAARRGGHH!!

People like what they can't have. People will like your Silverado more in a few years when they can't get it. I believe certain bags are classic and won't date... and if you notice fashion always has a way of coming around again. So the design will be back in a few years, and you will be the cool chick that was ahead of the game - sporting an individual design for a few years!