Cheap and used or new and expen$ive?

I buy new, I rather have less of something and have it "NEW" then take a chance on what others sell and consider to be the condition of their bags. From reading the Ebay board here way too many people are getting items not as described. I know it may sound funny but on a germ thing, I don't want to be using other people's bags. I did have a used small bucket bag that was in excellent condition but I gave it to my sister.

:cutesy: I buy new, in boutiques, which means my collection is much smaller than some but I like to make my own history with the bag. Not that I wouldn't buy used...I might. Nothing wrong with that!

savvyblonde - your cats are adorable....I too like buying new, but if I found a good deal on Let-trade, I would buy it there and save some money! My BH was brand new, and my Mini Looping is from L-T and I love it since the leather has aged on that one!!

I have done both. Generally speaking I purchase my accessories from a boutique because I don't believe I can get them much cheaper used. For larger bags, lately I've been buying them used. But now I only purchase them if they're in like new condition. I bought a used black Multicolore Speedy on eBay and although the price was great, I wasn't too happy with it because it was pretty well-used.

I always buy my LV's new and in boutiques. I only splurge once or twice a year as I usually go for the bigger (and thus more expensive) bags, so my collection is pretty small too. I'm not really into the boutique experience as I sometimes find it a hassle to go there, I'd rather do online shopping but unfortunately my country doesn't provide that service yet....

^^ :yes: I buy new and only from LV or elux for authenticity and personal preference. My first and only ebay bag (new) purchase years ago turned out to be a fake so I don't trust ebay anymore! :yucky:

My current LV collection is all pre-owned. I bought one bag (a speedy 30) from the boutique for the "experience" but I later sold it and have since purchased a lightly used 30. :rolleyes:

I was not impressed by the boutique experience at all - I feel like I've been treated nicer at Coach or dept stores - although it was fun carrying around the box/bag that afternoon. Worth $200+? not at all. Plus, I barely used the bag because I was afraid to ruin the stark white leather and thought it stood out too much as a brand new bag.

When I buy used, I usually buy in "like new" condition and like to bargain hunt. (ie: perle cles, cerises cles, pink/pink cles in MINT condition for considerably less than retail). my 2 speedies were in mint condition with the exception of a slight patina. (no stains, smells, etc)

The only 2 pieces I have that were not in like-new condition were vernis - my peppermint cles which I bought with the intention of using as a "throw-around" key/card holder (for my school ID, license, keys, etc) in place of my cerises cles. it has a few faint marks but I don't care - and I don't feel guilty that it's in the front compartment of my backpack with all sorts of random stuff. I also have a beige bedford which has 2 small marks on it (barely noticable) and a light patina but I got it for $400 shipped (rather than $1200 + tax) so I don't mind in the slightest.

I'm a student and I'd much rather save money on a very lightly used bag (or pre-owned new bag) that I won't be afraid to use myself!

I don't mind mint used for everyday, I like the patina. However there is something special about the boutique experience. Hubby and I might be going to europe this summer and I definitely plan geting a new piece from there.
I agree with everyone it's definitely not cheap to get a pristine gently used bag but can be done.