Chanels in for repair with Leather Pros - Impressed and Excited!

I continue to enjoy this thread. I have a Fendi clutch that I hope to send to have refurbished. It will have to wait until next year though. My pocketbook needs to recover from all my Black Friday shopping first.

Regina, downtown07 and Lulu - thanks for posting your pictures. You've inspired me!

I have a classic single flap and card case that need a little touch up. I was going to live with the issues for fear of making them worse. I also was eyeballing a preloved tote but didn't want to buy it due to some wear. But, I reached out to Mark who was was quick and thoughtful with his reply.

Based on that, I bought the preloved tote and when it arrives I'll send all three items to him. I'm super excited! I'll post photos when I get them back.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicole0612
Regina, downtown07 and Lulu - thanks for posting your pictures. You've inspired me!

I have a classic single flap and card case that need a little touch up. I was going to live with the issues for fear of making them worse. I also was eyeballing a preloved tote but didn't want to buy it due to some wear. But, I reached out to Mark who was was quick and thoughtful with his reply.

Based on that, I bought the preloved tote and when it arrives I'll send all three items to him. I'm super excited! I'll post photos when I get them back.
Keep us posted for sure! :smile:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
do they just do chanel? has anyone sent them another brand and had success??

Liz sent them an Hermes clochette on this thread. I sent a LV empriente bag for repiping because the glazing was cracked and it turned out well. I sent an inquiry about some repairs on a Birkin, but Mark was honest and said he want sure how it would turn out, so I held off.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Here is my update!!

I sent 3 items to Leather Pros:
Chanel Beige & Brown Tote - I just bought this on eBay knowing it had color transfer. Mark sent it back as he wasn't sure about dealing with the iridescent finish of the beige lamb. I appreciate his honesty. Anyway, I'm sending it to Leather Surgeons today. Updates on that later.
Chanel Ivory Single Flap w/ Bijoux Chain - I bought this bag resale from The Real Real - who've I've noticed slightly overstate bag condition. :annoyed: Anyway, the bag was gorgeous but in direct sunlight, I noticed the top flap had color fading. And it looked a little tired. I like my bags to look pristine so I sent it in for a light refinish. Mark did a MARVELOUS job!! The bag looks fresh and almost new. The color is even. The suppleness of the soft calf is still there - it almost feels like lamb. And he was able to remove some of the creasing. One fun note: he says he takes thread width tape to cover the stitching to make sure the job looks like original and the stitching isn't harmed. That is serious detail work. I can't do good before and afters on this job because the before pictures look better than the bag did in person. LOL! But, trust me, the afters are amazing!!! This was a brilliant job!
Chanel fuchsia card case - I stupidly used too much Apple Care cleaner on it and it faded terribly. I'm completely scared of Apple Care now. And I almost died / had a stroke / jumped off a cliff when I saw what I did to my card case.

But Mark to the rescue. Here are the before and afters. Another stunning job! :yahoo:The color is rich and true. And the texture is like original.
IMG_0039.JPG IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0045.JPG

Leather Pros is cheaper than Leather Surgeons so I'll always try there first unless I have a particularly unusual job. For example. I just bought a Gold Boy in almost like new condition except for barely perceptible scuffing on two corners and a makeup stain in the interior. I sent that to Leather Surgeons because they not only can handle the metallic finish but can also give me a letter of authenticity. Also, I am sending them the iridescent lamb tote I mentioned above.

But, with how good Mark's work is I would always try him first. I'm very pleased and THANKS to OP for bringing him to my attention!!!

I had a good experience with Leather Pros, and Mark is very nice and excellent with communication.
I had an old GST with many issues from being well used as a work bag and a diaper bag, it was getting a little embarrassing. Mark fixed the scuffs on the bottom corners, cleaned the hardware and interior and fixed some chip marks in the caviar on the top corners. I was very pleased.
IMG_1484726649.479432.jpg
IMG_1484726658.319168.jpg
IMG_1484726667.516885.jpg