Chanel would NOT fix my bag unless i have the original receipt!!!!! HELP!!

Im still waiting for them to repair my black flap, but I dont need to bring receipt or anything...and the SA who was accepted my bag had even never seen me before( because I'd never seen him either.lol)

i think u just met a snotty SA?

I've only had to have a receipt if I wanted it fixed free of charge, since you only have a year warrenty. Maybe they thought you didn't want to pay for the repair (since your blue bag was under warrenty)? I've sent other bags to be repaired that were over a year and as long as I pai no receipt was needed.

^^exactly.

I think (hope) there was just a communication snafu here. Maybe your SA meant to say that she or he needed the rcpt in order for it to be fixed free of charge.
If you don't have the rcpt, the bag should still be accepted but you'd be charged for the repair.

did you return your bag simply because you do not want it?

i tried to change my jumbo on friday (bought it on monday) because i notice the underside of the flap the leather was a little bit uneven on one side. it looked like there were some air or the glue did not stick the leather togther enough. I try to tell myself i'm being paranoid.

the SA said no more flaps in gold chain (i get the feeling she doesnt want to change it for me as simply as that).

i'm so annoyed with them at the moment especially i had to go back just to get the stupid security tag off after they forgot to get that off.

That sucks Kaka, did you try and get hold of the manager, I guess it just depends on the SA/Manager some are a real nightmare and don't know their stuff whereas some go out of their way to help you! In answer to your question, yes, I did return the bag because I just didn't like the style anymore and it had just been sitting in my closet unused. The manager gave me a credit note! I must have caught her on a good day because she told me that my bag that I was returning was last season and they would probably have to send it back to head office.

That sucks Kaka, did you try and get hold of the manager, I guess it just depends on the SA/Manager some are a real nightmare and don't know their stuff whereas some go out of their way to help you! In answer to your question, yes, I did return the bag because I just didn't like the style anymore and it had just been sitting in my closet unused. The manager gave me a credit note! I must have caught her on a good day because she told me that my bag that I was returning was last season and they would probably have to send it back to head office.

Kaka ,Syma's absolutely right,do call the manager!:yes: We should not compromise with defects after those prices we've been paying !:cursing:

Pure Honey: I live in CAnada & one of the SA "WN" in the Calgary Chanel Boutique said that I need to bring in receipt in order for them to even look at the bag. :Push: She said she wants to make sure that I don't get the bag from ebay. She also said that Chanel doesn't redye white bags are well. (I have heard the US boutiques do) I hope everything works out for you. Try calling the Chanel Boutique in Holt in Vancouver. The SA there are much more helpful. ;)

Why would where you got the bag matter if it's authentic Chanel did the SA say? Would she be able to tell a vintage Chanel and who keeps receipts for purses bought 20 years ago?
Pure Honey: I live in CAnada & one of the SA "WN" in the Calgary Chanel Boutique said that I need to bring in receipt in order for them to even look at the bag. :Push: She said she wants to make sure that I don't get the bag from ebay. She also said that Chanel doesn't redye white bags are well. (I have heard the US boutiques do) I hope everything works out for you. Try calling the Chanel Boutique in Holt in Vancouver. The SA there are much more helpful. ;)