Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I loved that Egypt collection! Never did get the really cool cardi ! Drooled over the teal suit but mysteriously the jacket was sold on sale to someone else - I had been waiting on it ! Oh well got the skirt :smile:

Wish I was still this skinny lol.
View attachment 5994833
LOVE! I have the jacket, one of my faves….certainly didn’t buy it on sale! Looks great on you! I regret not buying multiple jackets from that collection.

Just caught up with the cruise 24/25 show and I was really underwhelmed. The only thing that KIND OF stood out to me was the grey/blue knit/cover up mini skirt.
IMG_6287.JPG

Wow! The fashion spot girls were really brutal. We are very polite by comparison. Does anyone from Chanel corporate ever read any of these sites? They need a wake up call.

One reaction on this site is to have us going to look for older pieces that are better designed and better made. I noticed that the buttons on the sweater I just posted are heavier and better quality than what is coming from VV’s pieces. The newer buttons may look like metal, but they are made of plastic.

I loved that Egypt collection! Never did get the really cool cardi ! Drooled over the teal suit but mysteriously the jacket was sold on sale to someone else - I had been waiting on it ! Oh well got the skirt :smile:

View attachment 5994833
This is a jacket that I would love to find.

Wow! The fashion spot girls were really brutal. We are very polite by comparison. Does anyone from Chanel corporate ever read any of these sites? They need a wake up call.

One reaction on this site is to have us going to look for older pieces that are better designed and better made. I noticed that the buttons on the sweater I just posted are heavier and better quality than what is coming from VV’s pieces. The newer buttons may look like metal, but they are made of plastic.
This x1000!! I really don't understand what their creative department is thinking sometimes. It seems the vast majority just want wearable, feminine items like the collections in the 90s. Quality CC buttons and tweed don't seem like a big ask.

This x1000!! I really don't understand what their creative department is thinking sometimes. It seems the vast majority just want wearable, feminine items like the collections in the 90s. Quality CC buttons and tweed don't seem like a big ask.
It’s the same old story it’s always about money and bringing down the bottom line. They’re just looking for more profit so they are cutting cost wherever they can. Buttons, complicated tweeds and trims are all suffering because they have this mindset. They are ruining the brand. It’s all the bean counters fault and the designers have to follow and do what they’re told.

I have been on tpf for a very long time but yep people there don't have mercy. Lots of them are actually insiders, and I do believe that fashion houses read comments there.

The tpf thread on this collection is the most brutal yet funniest I have ever seen in the past 20 years or so!

So, I really hope that the company wakes up.

View attachment 5994833
This picture

View attachment 5994833
This picture has been in my head for years. I love, love, love it.
Unfortunately I was busy with a new born when this collection came out. Completely missed the boat :sad:

^I did try it in white I think! it was cute!!!!
I also loved the long orange graffiti skirt too! it sold so fast!
I forgot about the black suit, I got that skirt too! missed the boat on both of them. I wish I had managed to get one or the other or both ! they are really beautiful suits! I do recall the teal one ran a little small on me :smile: and of course there was a beautiful Ivory version too.

I suppose the only thing I was glad about for the teal jacket was by the time it had gone on sale it had gotten a little worn and it was still spendy at 40% off!