Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Review of cruise ....

I keep hoping someone at Chanel is hearing the chatter and lack of enthusiasm for the runway show, and they add wearable off the runway pieces. This collection feels like a real disappointment when you factor in the price increases. It feels like the price increases should of raised the bar. There are a couple of items that I am getting pricing on, but it's one of the first times that I'm really undecided and underwhelmed to the point that it has me questioning the value equation.

I keep hoping someone at Chanel is hearing the chatter and lack of enthusiasm for the runway show, and they add wearable off the runway pieces. This collection feels like a real disappointment when you factor in the price increases. It feels like the price increases should of raised the bar. There are a couple of items that I am getting pricing on, but it's one of the first times that I'm really undecided and underwhelmed to the point that it has me questioning the value equation.

You have summed it up perfectly. I feel the same - there is a not a single piece that truly excites me. There’s a few that look wearable but nothing special or worth the inevitable price.

Would love to get some opinions. Tried on this blazer at TRR which was labeled Fall 2023. This would be my first Chanel RTW. It’s has all this amazing beading on is hard to see in pictures but beautiful in person. I originally went into see it cause I thought it’d be a good blazer for daily use but the beading has thrown me a little. Would love ideas on how others who have this style it.
Also just saw the recent talks of fakes on TRR so if someone notices anything, please share but this is not an authentication request.
View attachment 5992817View attachment 5992816View attachment 5992818

Last edited:
Love your styling. I have this one from 10C that almost twins your 11C.

Interesting that your SA told you to size down. I actually decided to take a size larger. I have the turquoise cardigan from this collection as well and sized up on that as well.
That was an old picture from 10 years ago and the lighting was not good. The color is beautiful royal blue, but it might be different collection, although I bought it in 2012.

IMG_8340.jpeg

That was an old picture from 10 years ago and the lighting was not good. The color is beautiful royal blue, but it might be different collection, although I bought it in 2012.

View attachment 5997027
The color is lovely and certainly not navy like my picture. This is the style that I have in turquoise. Great cardigans and the quality is superb.

• Love
Reactions: ari and icedcoffee
Does anyone own any Chanel jeans? If so, do you find them easy to style/worth the premium price?

I own almost all the styles over the past few years. Initially I found them a bit difficult to style but I’ve got used to styling them now and I find them very worth the price point. Even the more statement ones I find very easy to style, especially the baggy ones. I just wear them with something more toned down on the top.

The recent ones from 24p with the heart pockets (long version) are one of the best in terms of fit and versatility I’ve seen and I’ve recently bought the 24S ones with the cc belt loops. These have more of a straight relaxed fit and are really very good.

Does anyone own any Chanel jeans? If so, do you find them easy to style/worth the premium price?

I have two pairs of Chanel jeans and the 24S ones on their way to me for a try-on this week. I absolutely love them. I style similar to @Rainbow.fish. Both my current styles are heavy pattern. I would say both pairs have alot of logos so I find it most comfortable to wear solid colors on top as not to have too many competing pieces in one look. The 24s ones aren’t as logo heavy. They’re so much fun to wear, and I never imagined I’d be able to wear C jeans as I carry a lot of weight in my midsection - I love wearing them & they give me major CHF!!!!!

Yes. I have several pairs. I wear them all the time and find them worth the price. Really depends on if they fit your build and are your style. Here are a few pairs with Dior, Hermes, and brunello RTW. I actually find Dior denim more difficult to style if one does not want to be head to toe in Dior.
IMG_9529.pngIMG_8560.jpegIMG_0242.jpegIMG_5872.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: 880