Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

Hello!
I'm thinking about going to Paris to buy my first Chanel bag. I really want and classic flap bag m/l caviar ghw. Does anyone know if they have this bag in stock in the Parisian stores or is there a big change I will leave the store empty handed? And if so, can they put me on a waiting list? Sorry if this are stupid questions, but I've been wanting this bag for a very long time, so I hope I won't be dissappointed when I'm finally ready to buy this bag.
TIA!

Hello
I have just bought my first chanel in Paris. And like you, I was nervous, and did not know if they would have a bag in stock (see my thread below, I asked similar questions to you and was given helpful responses.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/buying-my-first-chanel-bag-in-paris-912936.html

You will see that I was given advice to be at the store for opening time. I went to Rue Cambon on my first day for 10:00am and got the bag I wanted. It was an amazing experience. I would say give it a shot- there is nowhere better to buy Chanel than in Paris IMO.

You could try to call beforehand, I did not want to do this, as our flights and hotel were already booked so I didn't want to stress myself out. I really really hope you get the bag you wanted. If I am honest, I worried far too much that the bag wouldn't be there, and it took some of the excitement of the build up of the trip away. I am still not sure if I was lucky or if the stock situation is ever a problem. When I told the SA what I wanted (same bag as you, if you want black?) she had to check for availability, she did not immediately say, oh yes we will have that. And I know they didn't have jumbo in SHW that day.

Good luck and best wishes

I went to the Rue Cambon store yesterday and they had classic flaps in Red with gold and aged ruthenium hardware, navy with gold hardware, dark grey with gold hardware, camel with gold hardware and my personal favorite Bordeaux with a matte gold hardware. I got the last Bordeaux in jumbo. All black out of stock.

I went to the Rue Cambon store yesterday and they had classic flaps in Red with gold and aged ruthenium hardware, navy with gold hardware, dark grey with gold hardware, camel with gold hardware and my personal favorite Bordeaux with a matte gold hardware. I got the last Bordeaux in jumbo. All black out of stock.
did u see any boy bags avail anywhere in paris? if so, how much?

Hello

I have just bought my first chanel in Paris. And like you, I was nervous, and did not know if they would have a bag in stock (see my thread below, I asked similar questions to you and was given helpful responses.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/buying-my-first-chanel-bag-in-paris-912936.html

You will see that I was given advice to be at the store for opening time. I went to Rue Cambon on my first day for 10:00am and got the bag I wanted. It was an amazing experience. I would say give it a shot- there is nowhere better to buy Chanel than in Paris IMO.

You could try to call beforehand, I did not want to do this, as our flights and hotel were already booked so I didn't want to stress myself out. I really really hope you get the bag you wanted. If I am honest, I worried far too much that the bag wouldn't be there, and it took some of the excitement of the build up of the trip away. I am still not sure if I was lucky or if the stock situation is ever a problem. When I told the SA what I wanted (same bag as you, if you want black?) she had to check for availability, she did not immediately say, oh yes we will have that. And I know they didn't have jumbo in SHW that day.

Good luck and best wishes

Thank you so much for your reply! The bag looks great on you! I want a black one too indeed, sorry forgot to mention that.

I will receive my diploma in September, so maybe I just take a six hour drive to Paris, and see what will happen. And if not, my birthday is in November, so that's also a good reason. Like you said, there's nowhere better to buy Chanel than in Paris!
Will keep you updated!