Chanel on your nails #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Irishlass :flowers:

Does anyone know if Vendetta is similar to Paradoxal? I kind of wish Paradoxal had a bit more shimmer. It looks gorgeous in the bottle, but looks quite flat on my nails with very little shimmer - mostly looks like a dark purple-grey cream

Vendetta is much darker and in the sunlight the shimmer is more *POW* than Paradoxal, I prefer Vendetta personally... Here's a comparison-
http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2010/06/chanel-paradoxal-509-le-vernis-nail.html

I can post some pics in 10mins or so if you want? :smile:

Okay, here you go :smile: Hope this helps!
This is two coats of both Paradoxal & Vendetta with a TC, full sunlight:
DSC02184.jpg
And bottle comparisons-
DSC02185.jpg
DSC02186.jpg

Okay, here you go :smile: Hope this helps!
This is two coats of both Paradoxal & Vendetta with a TC, full sunlight:
DSC02184.jpg
And bottle comparisons-
DSC02185.jpg
DSC02186.jpg

Oh WOW! Thank you so much Jen_sparro! Great swatches!

Paradoxal looks exactly the same on me - very dusty and almost no shimmer. This is kind of a deal breaker for me. It looks gorgeous in the sunlight, but is very flat indoors. I would go as far as saying it is more grey than purple. But Vendetta looks stunning! I also found some photos on google and my only worry is that on some pics it looks very similar to Blue Satin (more deep blue than purple). Although on your swatches it looks quite purple. I better drop by a Chanel counter to swatch it. Especially that I also have a free 15min makeover voucher sent to me from the Melbourne boutique when I got Sky Line, so no excuse, right?! :P

My pleasure :smile:
You definitely have no excuse, 15min makeovers are fun! :graucho: Vendetta always looks very purple/eggplant to me... perhaps in dark shade/yellow light it can look slightly navy, but it's very purple to me.

babyontheway said:
What a joke- my FNO order that I was told was cancelled just showed up at my door step (after I found out it was cancelled, I placed another order lol) Now hopefully I can cancel that order:P

babyontheway said:
Someone earlier in the thread asked if delicatesse was close to khaki rose... and it is NOT. I was surprised to find that Khaki rose is much more brown
Glad you ended up getting your polishes! Thanks for the comparison :smile:

tgirl25 said:
Got my 1st ever Chanels at Macy's today, so pretty and the lady was really nice!! Guess she should be at 26$ea, LOL

Vendetta and Blue Satin...

Anything I should know before I take these girls for a ride?
Hmmm... Just that you'll probably go back for more! Enjoy :smile:

taylor7373 said:
I feel myself becoming a Chanel addict, lol. Tried Dragon today, and it is oh so pretty and red.
Ooh, that looks so good on you! I keep meaning to get Dragon, but I keep getting side tracked by new release colours.

angl2b said:
Here is Delicatesse and rose confidential
My hubby lent me his fingers
Thanks for the comparison, very helpful.

mspera said:
Quartz - love!
Quartz looks lovely on you. Look at that sparkle!!

OzSplannie said:
Paradoxal looks exactly the same on me - very dusty and almost no shimmer. This is kind of a deal breaker for me. It looks gorgeous in the sunlight, but is very flat indoors. I would go as far as saying it is more grey than purple. But Vendetta looks stunning! I also found some photos on google and my only worry is that on some pics it looks very similar to Blue Satin (more deep blue than purple). Although on your swatches it looks quite purple. I better drop by a Chanel counter to swatch it. Especially that I also have a free 15min makeover voucher sent to me from the Melbourne boutique when I got Sky Line, so no excuse, right?! :P

I agree with you, Paradoxal isn't really that purple on me either - but neither is Vendetta. That looks almost black on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.