Chanel Blue Satin polish!!

Update on the staining: I left the polish on for 2 weeks and I noticed some minor staining. I'd advise people not to leave it on their nails for more than one week at a time.

Does anyone have a pic of it layered with the azur? I want to get it but need to see a pic first. I like the dark look but want to make sure blue looks ok . Blue is normally not a color I would choose but everyone says it looks so nice layered.

i purchased this nail polish a while back, i didn't realize it was so popular. but i finally tried it last week after having it sit around and i found it to be very dark and even in the sun i can't see any blue flecks. i actually wasn't too impressed with it. but i was thinking i just needed to shake the bottle more or something or maybe i just need to try layering it with azure. it looks so pretty in the bottle i'm not giving up on it yet! :smile:

So I usually love these polishes on other people but every time I wear them I think I look ridiculous. I'm so used to having my nails completely plain that it's almost shocking.

I tried the black satin when it came out, hated it on me and sold it on ebay.

Picked up the blue satin a few weeks ago and tried it. I love it. It's different but not over the top. I swear I had a similar color when I was like 8.

Anyway going to Europe in a few weeks and can get a manicure since I'll be away from the lab otherwise the acetone takes off my polish. I thought I would get my hands done before I leave but I'm going to a wedding in Austria before we hit Paris.

What do you guys think about wearing blue satin to a black tie wedding? Cheesy? I might just wait and get a mani after the wedding (probably is there are no great spas in Vienna at least that I know of). I'm either wearing my dirndl (country Austrian dress green and black with red/green/gold satin apron) or a silver greyish beaded Mandalay skirt/top set.

I think the polish is appropriate for my trip but not sure about the wedding. Thoughts?