Chanel 31 Le Rouge ( new lipsticks)

Apr 15, 2007
Has anyone tried "virtually" any of the new lipsticks from Chanel 31 Le Rouge
The 12 new shades have Gardenia Oil ( Chanel exclusive ingredient)
The case is glass & metal in a faceted square design inspired by the mirrors that line
the legendary Art Deco staircase at 31 rue Cambon
Priced at $195 for the lipstick & there is a coffret with the case & 2 lipstick refills which is priced around $500
Thoughts?

I did the virtual try-on yesterday, and only the palest one (Rouge Beige) worked for me. I spoke with a very helpful Chanel Cosmetics SA and told her I currently wear Chanel Coco flash 54 (Boy) and had worn the discontinued Intime. By some miracle, that's also what she wears. She had already tried Rouge Beige and confirmed it would be perfect but that a lip liner might be needed it for definition. I have natural color in my lips, so the jury is out on a lip liner. I had considered buying the set, but there were no refills of the Pale Beige on hand. The single lipstick, which comes with a Chanel case to protect the refillable lipstick holder, has been shipped and is on its way to me.

I can't find it on the virtual try on website, how do I find them? I am pretty interested in a particular shade of red...

Edit: found it!

That said: the got me with the coffret. (blush)

It seems as if you'd buy one full lipstick and 2 refills you could ad the the coffret for the price of 50 USD? In total around 500 USD, but oh so pretty....

In that ballpark of $500 (case(coffret) & 2 refills) & choice of leather lipstick carrier black or silver
The glass & metal lipstick case on its own is priced at $195 w/black velvet case & gold CC emblem
I was just concerned that the case being glass is fragile & if dropped would crack/chip, IYKWIM
Roman, Prive & Tailleur appealed to me
Thought Coromandel & 2.55 would be "red" but they appear darker to me

Reactions: MillStream
You're correct, @millivanilli. It's especially nice if you want to have more than one color lipstick color, since you can change it easily.
The leather lipstick carrier is what I was after. Hopefully, the black velvet case will be enough to protect the pricey, pretty lipstick holder.

I did the virtual try-on yesterday, and only the palest one (Rouge Beige) worked for me. I spoke with a very helpful Chanel Cosmetics SA and told her I currently wear Chanel Coco flash 54 (Boy) and had worn the discontinued Intime. By some miracle, that's also what she wears. She had already tried Rouge Beige and confirmed it would be perfect but that a lip liner might be needed it for definition. I have natural color in my lips, so the jury is out on a lip liner. I had considered buying the set, but there were no refills of the Pale Beige on hand. The single lipstick, which comes with a Chanel case to protect the refillable lipstick holder, has been shipped and is on its way to me.
Just checking back to see if you received your Chanel le rouge lipstick & what your thoughts are?

Yes, I've received it and it is beautiful. The lipstick case has a magnetic closure, as does the black quilted fabric lipstick case holder. Rouge Beige has plenty of color for me. I doubt that I could wear any of the other more intense colors without looking like a child wearing her mother's lipstick. I'm very happy with this purchase!

Reactions: BreezyE
I purchased shade rouge beige (the lightest) and rouge byzantin (one of the darkest). I really like the rouge beige because to me, it is a neutral. The rouge byzantin is a dark almost cherry red which I was surprised looks good on me. I would recommend trying on in person if you can because I didn't think any of the darker colors would work, but after trying on the byzantin is my favorite go to color! Also I just looked and they are all sold out!

• Love
Yes, I've received it and it is beautiful. The lipstick case has a magnetic closure, as does the black quilted fabric lipstick case holder. Rouge Beige has plenty of color for me. I doubt that I could wear any of the other more intense colors without looking like a child wearing her mother's lipstick. I'm very happy with this purchase!
The case is so beautiful, worth the price IMO!

• Love