Celine Sunglasses 2011- Where to find them?

Ah great to know! I was actually thinking about the Catherine as an alternative haha. Did you get the regular size or the small?

Sorry, i replied incorrectly in my last post. I actually have the small -just noticed the numbers 41089 correspond with small. I usually like big sunglasses, but even though these are "small" they are big enough for me.

Hello. Can someone tell me if the Old Large Audreys (SC 1755) are discontinued? It's very difficult to find.

Also, I'm looking into getting these in classic black on black. However, the color is listed as black/grey polarized. Is this the same as black/black?

TIA

Has anyone recently had any experience with Otticanet? I would like to order a pair but am concerned about authenticity.
I've ordered sunnies from them before (including Celine ones) and I am convinced they're authentic, especially since I've been able to compare Audreys purchased at Barneys to Audreys purchased from the site side by side and they are identical.

However. And this is upsetting to me. I ordered the new Celine Agnes sunnies off the site. I should've known because these are Summer 2016 sunnies and I haven't been able to locate them at a store in SF yet. So I was itchy to buy and I got them. I am dismayed because the color seems really off (I got the Havana Honey, which I have in the Preppy style) - it is more orange in person like their Light Havana, and the pattern looks almost swirled together. They also feel really unsubstantial/the weight feels funky. I am also comparing them to the photo of the Agnes off the Celine site and the proportions seem different. So, there's something weird going on with this pair and I'm going to return them. I don't know if this speaks to all the sunnies Otticanet sold EVER, but this particular pair is making me suspicious.

I just received a pair of Celine CL 41371 (I couldn't find the model name) from Gaffos.com. Since these are the first Celines I've bought, I need some help making sure they're authentic. Has anyone purchased from Gaffos.com before? I bought them here.

I've attached photos of everything they came with. Does this all look right? The Celine soft case even has "Celine Paris" engraved into the zipper pull. The code on the inside arm matches the code on the Safilo packaging, and the UPC matches that on the same pair at Saks Fifth Avenue.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the Celine logo on the inside of the right arm. There are underline dashes between the letters in the "Celine" logo. From what I could find online, authentic Celines either have an underline running from underneath "Celine" through "Made in Italy" or have no underline under "Celine", just under the "Made in Italy". Maybe its an older version? Does this look legitimate to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    992.5 KB · Views: 978
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    836.6 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_4332.JPG
    IMG_4332.JPG
    897.5 KB · Views: 1,107
  • IMG_4337.JPG
    IMG_4337.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 961
I just received a pair of Celine CL 41371 (I couldn't find the model name) from Gaffos.com. Since these are the first Celines I've bought, I need some help making sure they're authentic. Has anyone purchased from Gaffos.com before? I bought them here.

I've attached photos of everything they came with. Does this all look right? The Celine soft case even has "Celine Paris" engraved into the zipper pull. The code on the inside arm matches the code on the Safilo packaging, and the UPC matches that on the same pair at Saks Fifth Avenue.

The only thing I'm unsure about is the Celine logo on the inside of the right arm. There are underline dashes between the letters in the "Celine" logo. From what I could find online, authentic Celines either have an underline running from underneath "Celine" through "Made in Italy" or have no underline under "Celine", just under the "Made in Italy". Maybe its an older version? Does this look legitimate to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help!
I'm not sure if yours are authentic, do you see where the lenses connect to the arms of the sunglasses? They look different than mine, but I only own one pair of Celines. I purchased these at Nordstroms almost two years ago. Hth! 1457200008560.jpg

Just bought my first pair from Nordstroms... Just the security of knowing they are authentic and knowing if any issues I can exchange is worth the extra money in my opinion... The sites take a while to ship and Your taking a risk with your money 😁

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 878
Reactions: kristinaasc
I had a pair of Céline Shadows that i bought from a licensed retailer that I just recently sold, because I wanted the black/ tortoise version instead.
Ordered from otticanet.com, have ordered from there before and was under the impression that they only sold authentic items. But I received my sunglasses today and I am not convinced they are authentic.
First off they did not come with the white Céline envelope/ card that I got with the pair I purchased in store.
As I said I just sold my other pair and this new pair looks and feels just like the other ones, so if they are fake they must be some kind of superfake.. But something just made me suspicious. Then I compared the font on the logo on the pouch they come in with the logo on the pouch on my other ones, and it really concerns me. It is definitely different. Do any of you have a pouch from recently bought Célines that looks like this?

The second picture is from my old pouch which I know is auth. The first is of the pouch I received today.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2016-06-09 kl. 21.01.01.png
    Skjermbilde 2016-06-09 kl. 21.01.01.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 842
  • Skjermbilde 2016-06-09 kl. 21.01.07.png
    Skjermbilde 2016-06-09 kl. 21.01.07.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
Can someone i.d. these Celine glasses I saw on a tumblr page.
I think they're current but I can't i.d. They don't look like the classics, don't look like either Audrey. Any ideas?

Yes, I have a good idea, they have squarish bottoms to them, i bet they are one of these three...
  • Tilda - CL 41076/S
  • New Audrey - CL 41805/S
  • Catherine - CL 41090/S
Hope this helps!

I was looking for Celine Audrey sunglasses and found an excellent pair - awesome price. At first I really wanted the new Audrey's but now I like the old Audrey's A LOT better - which is the 41755 model with the larger frame and rounder edges.

Now you can get some cheap ones at amazon for $10.... that will do the trick, but the hinges are creaky and not smooth. Far distance, they look pretty dang good, but upon close examination they didn't look like $400 sunglasses... *meh* ... I wanted the real ones or higher quality...

The ones I got, came with everything - hard case, cleaning cloth, box, auth card, etc.

I bought everything for $90 at this place which was referred from an Audrey Hepburn article. Not sure if they're authentic because of the price but when i compare them to my friend's, they are exactly the same. I can't even tell. I have to hold back my laughter sometimes when we're out and have them on because she paid $350 for hers. The look on her face. PRICELESS. :biggrin:

I'm not sure if yours are authentic, do you see where the lenses connect to the arms of the sunglasses? They look different than mine, but I only own one pair of Celines. I purchased these at Nordstroms almost two years ago. Hth! View attachment 3293361
I just purchased a pair of sunnies second hand... all looks good but thought the inside CELINE logo looks a little strange almost like clear sticker (although it wont/ doesn't scratch off) looks like your does too? Only thing that seems weird to me, would love to know if your looks like this

Attachments

• celine 1.jpg
    celine 1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Celine 2.jpg
    Celine 2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 911
Last edited:
I just purchased a pair of sunnies second hand... all looks good but thought the inside CELINE logo looks a little strange almost like clear sticker (although it wont/ doesn't scratch off) looks like your does too? Only thing that seems weird to me, would love to know if your looks like this
Here are mine, it also has that clear sticker look that's ingrained into the arms. Also look at hinges, ours don't look the same, not sure if all Céline sunnies are supposed to be like this because I only own one pair. I also included the model # of mine. Hth.
1472758259919.jpg
1472758303737.jpg1472758409248.jpg

Here are mine, it also has that clear sticker look that's ingrained into the arms. Also look at hinges, ours don't look the same, not sure if all Céline sunnies are supposed to be like this because I only own one pair. I also included the model # of mine. Hth.
View attachment 3455765
View attachment 3455766View attachment 3455767

Thank you so much for the response- SO reassuring, I have checked looks like the "Marta" (style mine are) all have hinges that mine are