Celine price increase

Omg this increase is bad news… I made an online order yesterday, and today the medium phantom cabas arrived. Loved the bag, but it’s too big and I’m returning it. Of course now the small is sold out in my country! I didn’t know about this increase :-/

Omg this increase is bad news… I made an online order yesterday, and today the medium phantom cabas arrived. Loved the bag, but it’s too big and I’m returning it. Of course now the small is sold out in my country! I didn’t know about this increase :-/
Sorry to hear!

I just ordered the small Cabas from 24S for 1400. Now it is 1500 Euro on 24S but still better than paying 20% more tomorrow.

Maybe this is an option for you?

Which color are you choosing? I really would like one, but my favorite color (pebble) isn't in stock.

I'm also considering a Cabas Phantom... a 20% increase is huge.
If your favorite one is not in stock I would wait for the right one.
A saving of 200 Euro is not worth compromising. Just my 2c.

I went to the store today and - again - couldn’t decide between black and pebble. So I ended up without the Triomphe classic.

Shopping should be fun and not stressful. I am sure I will enjoy the Triomphe if I buy it in three months and maybe I can enjoy the purchase even more if it doesn’t happen under this price pressure.

Fortunately the increases are not as big as the recent Chanel ones. Positive thinking. :cool:

Hi! Was in Celine in California today shopping. The price increase is 20% across the board and it doesn't sound like any items are being spared. It happens tomorrow in store (March 15th), probably midnight tonight online. My SA inferred that this will not be the last increase of the year, just the first, and that - like Chanel - they will continue to be substantial. I cannot account for whether that will turn out to be true, but a 20% increase tomorrow is pretty substantial. It puts their denim pants into the $1320-$1600k category (far higher than Gucci and YSL), and their boucle jackets well over the $4k range (rapidly approaching Chanel's 5k min. and up price tag for jackets).

All the luxury brands are having pretty high increases several times a year now which just makes me wonder if it will ever cap off. The most iconic bags in the world (other than Chanel - if you consider the double flap among that category) have not had price increases as significant as these brands in years past, so I am very curious if the clientele will stop paying the continually increasing prices.

I get everyone is trying to vie for the most luxurious or expensive brand title, but at some point whether or not you can afford it becomes moot when the prices and increases just become insane.

Hi! Was in Celine in California today shopping. The price increase is 20% across the board and it doesn't sound like any items are being spared. It happens tomorrow in store (March 15th), probably midnight tonight online. My SA inferred that this will not be the last increase of the year, just the first, and that - like Chanel - they will continue to be substantial. I cannot account for whether that will turn out to be true, but a 20% increase tomorrow is pretty substantial. It puts their denim pants into the $1320-$1600k category (far higher than Gucci and YSL), and their boucle jackets well over the $4k range (rapidly approaching Chanel's 5k min. and up price tag for jackets).

All the luxury brands are having pretty high increases several times a year now which just makes me wonder if it will ever cap off. The most iconic bags in the world (other than Chanel - if you consider the double flap among that category) have not had price increases as significant as these brands in years past, so I am very curious if the clientele will stop paying the continually increasing prices.

I get everyone is trying to vie for the most luxurious or expensive brand title, but at some point whether or not you can afford it becomes moot when the prices and increases just become insane.
wow. celine RTW prices are already ludicrous, I can’t even imagine them at 20% higher. their boots are often $1400-1800 whereas most others I see are $900-1100. this luxury game is just becoming too much, but I guess that is their right. none of us need this stuff

Right. The richest of the rich can only use so much stuff. So if every brand is competing for just those customers willing to spend 5k plus on every bag they buy then how much are they going to sell?

Thanks for sharing. Wow, this is terribly disappointing. I literally just asked my SA about a price increase yesterday and she said she had not heard anything. Granted, she is a new SA to me and I have not bought anything from her yet as they didn't have what I was looking for, but still. Ugh.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Thanks for sharing. Wow, this is terribly disappointing. I literally just asked my SA about a price increase yesterday and she said she had not heard anything. Granted, she is a new SA to me and I have not bought anything from her yet as they didn't have what I was looking for, but still. Ugh.
wow. celine RTW prices are already ludicrous, I can’t even imagine them at 20% higher. their boots are often $1400-1800 whereas most others I see are $900-1100. this luxury game is just becoming too much, but I guess that is their right. none of us need this stuff
The RTW is so insanely priced but I love it so much along with the luggage bags. They are impossible to destroy and, let me tell you, my kids have given it their best shot!

Even their canvas totes are impeccable and take a ton of wear without showing tear.

Reactions: slayqueen
So I thought I was in the clear. I logged into the website and had some items saved: those items showed the increased price in my wishlist, but when I clicked on them they still showed the old price. I added to bag, but nope: in-cart price was adjusted. Got my hopes up, but oh well. On the brighter side, the price increase wasn't as high as I was afraid it would be:. thankfully much less than 20%. I can live with that.

Okay, the price increase is effective.

Small Cabas: before 1500 - new price 1800 Euro
Medium Cabas: before 1600 - new price 2000 Euro

The Triomphe bags went up 200 Euro, the 16 top handle 300 Euro!

No increase on belts and Ava bags (despite the canvas version: 50 Euro). No increase on Sangle (but it is going to be discontinued soon, so no surprise).

The belt bags had also a significant increase of - I think - around 200 Euro.

The popular WOC only increased by 50 Euro. I expected it to be more for this style.