Celine Box in Lizard... Which colour?

Which Lizard Colour do you prefer?

• Total voters

iqaganda

Rica
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Hi there! I am contemplating whether I should get the black and white ombre or the grey and blue ombre for the Lizard Leather for the Classic Box.. I really love the black and white ombre but I saw a post here that it turns yellow.. A part of me says go for the grey and blue but part of me wants the black and white. I want to see others' opinions with these two colours and whether Lizard Skin is really delicate? Any pros? cons? Should I bite the bullet and get an exotic skin? Or better with the box leather?

Can you show some pictures of the black/white or the grey/blue?
I have the dark green lizard classic Celine and the lizard has held up exceptionally well. No scratches or anything so far.
Pros: hardwearing, stands up well to light moisture (rain/snow). STUNNING!!
I guess for cons is that the nature of the lizard is that it doesn't allow the bag to stretch as much as let's say calf skin, so you have to be mindful of not over stuffing the bag.

Yes, pictures please. :smile:
Can you show some pictures of the black/white or the grey/blue?
I have the dark green lizard classic Celine and the lizard has held up exceptionally well. No scratches or anything so far.
Pros: hardwearing, stands up well to light moisture (rain/snow). STUNNING!!
I guess for cons is that the nature of the lizard is that it doesn't allow the bag to stretch as much as let's say calf skin, so you have to be mindful of not over stuffing the bag.

Yes, pictures please. :smile:

Here’s the colour grey blue. Thank yo u for your input about the lizard skin. It is really a beautiful bag and I really wanted to own an exotic leather bag. At least one in my collection.

2CD40CBA-383D-4476-9AAE-410C7E134F21.jpeg

OH yes, i love this colorway. I've seen yellowing of the white lizard skin so my vote would definitely be for the grey.
Thank you for your input! Is it really unpleasant? I think I haven’t seen the yellowing of the white lizard skin very evidently. My mind says go for the grey but my heart says white.. :doh:

1677296305952.png
Is this the black and white bag you like (above)? That's a lot of white and it's right down the middle. If that turned yellow, you would have a black and yellow bag, not a black and white one. I personally don't mind the yellow color but it is a totally different look from black and white, and I can see why people don't like it because it does make it look older. In my opinion, it's like buying one bag and ending up with a different one a few years later.

I found this info (pic and link to article below) on the Sotheby's website regarding yellowing on Hermes lizard bags. It says that the yellowing significantly lowered the value of the bag. If you are okay with the yellowing and also okay with a decrease in value, then go for it and get what you love. If the potential yellowing would make you like it less, then either get the grey or find a different lizard bag in a non-white color that you like more.

1677295508807.png

1677296280322.png

View attachment 5725974
Is this the black and white bag you like (above)? That's a lot of white and it's right down the middle. If that turned yellow, you would have a black and yellow bag, not a black and white one. I personally don't mind the yellow color but it is a totally different look from black and white, and I can see why people don't like it because it does make it look older. In my opinion, it's like buying one bag and ending up with a different one a few years later.

I found this info (pic and link to article below) on the Sotheby's website regarding yellowing on Hermes lizard bags. It says that the yellowing significantly lowered the value of the bag. If you are okay with the yellowing and also okay with a decrease in value, then go for it and get what you love. If the potential yellowing would make you like it less, then either get the grey or find a different lizard bag in a non-white color that you like more.

View attachment 5725967

View attachment 5725973

Thank you so much! I can see now why some avoids the white ombre.. I think I’d better choose the grey one instead. I really appreciate your opinion it really helps a lot with swaying to grey. :biggrin:

I'm glad you posted this question because I had not heard that about lizard before. I've been considering a lizard bag purchase as well, so it's good to know that yellowing is a possibility.

Reactions: iqaganda
Hi lovely ladies! So I asked about the bag and I came across online that exotic skins have some documentation with them, so I went ahead and asked the seller but they answered they only have the “celine” care cards.. is it safe buying without the Cites Documentation or should I pass?

Hi lovely ladies! So I asked about the bag and I came across online that exotic skins have some documentation with them, so I went ahead and asked the seller but they answered they only have the “celine” care cards.. is it safe buying without the Cites Documentation or should I pass?
Is the seller in your country? If so then there’s little risk. Importing it would be a different matter.

I love these exotic bags. I am desperate to get my hands on the Celine Classic in the Dark Green Lizard. I've been trying to get one new but since they have been discontinued I cannot. Wondering if anyone knew of any of that particular one for sale or where I could find one?