Cassette Foulard Wallet/Pouch on strap?

Wibwob

Feb 2, 2024
Hi
I am not so familiar with the BV designs, especially seasonal ones. But I got this bag from the sales on fashionette, which was supposed to be a small cassette bag in foulard. Now it has arrived and I am a bit confused, because on the label for care instructions it is referred to as "wallet". I have been searching the internet for information on a cassette wallet on strap in foulard leather or something similar, but I found nothing.
So I wanted to ask here if you know this design, or from which season it was?
I think fashionette is a reputable retailer, but it is strange that the description on their webpage was different from the label. I will attach fotos. Thank you!

Looks like a version of brick cassette made into wallet size to me. BV sites still carry the bag below and the style of the leather/weave (satin/slightly glossy finish, a bit of folded texture, stitch on the two sides of each leather thread) look very similar to what you show here. Daniel Lee didn’t make this type of weave as far as I know, so my guess is that it has to be quite recent, like pre-spring 2023 under Blazy. You can still find a few bags with a similar weave on their pre-spring 23 collection (which you can still find on their sites). I think I saw a few men’s bags with even bigger/thicker stripes of this type of leather (slightly folded) that look even closer to what you have here but can’t find them anymore. So the following reference will have to do.

IMG_9078.png

Though, I have to say your bag does look more like a wallet/clutch than an average cassette bag on BV sites. BUT! It’s such a fine line between a small bag and a long wallet, esp wallets with a strap, so as long as you’re happy with how you wear it, don’t worry too much. 3rd party retailers often name/categorize bags differently than the brands so that’s why sometimes you can’t find anything with the keywords from the retailers, because those keywords don’t often come from the brands themselves but the way different retailers’ inventory system work.

Reactions: Wibwob
thank you @the.gentleman.boyfriend I also saw the bag from your foto on the website, but as you say no more versions with thicker leather stripes. Thanks for the explanations. Yes, it's a fine line between bag/wallet, I was just confused as the measurements of mine seem to be the same as for the smallest current cassette bags. But well, then I will just enjoy my bag/wallet/whatever item :smile:

Reactions: Joeli7