Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

I have my thin one since about 1,5 years and actually noted 2-3 months ago that is not aligned. But I would not be able to say if it was always like that. Seeing now that others look similar, I won´t bother going to Cartier for this. But if it bothers you, go and see if they can exchange it.
I watched this youtube video and this person’s is also slightly not aligned. I think they might just all come like that since you have to press down on the screw side to open it.

Attachments

• IMG_9994.jpeg
    IMG_9994.jpeg
    541.6 KB · Views: 45
Does anyone stack a YG and WG thin love with a RG JUC? I am typically not a white gold person but I have a YG love and a RG Clou and I’m thinking to add a white gold love. I love my trinity rings. IMG_7152.jpegPlease post a picture if you mix all 3 metals! 🤗

Reactions: Moxisox
Ok, this is going to sound super weird. I had a dream the other night and I was at a garden party sponsored by Cartier and I was trying on things. I tried on a small Cartier Love WG bracelet. My (dead for 20+ years) father was standing next to me in the dream, telling me he loved it, especially the locking mechanism.

Now I have been considering a YG LOVE cuff, and had been considering the YG small LOVE as well -- but well, it was a very vivid yes in the dream. The last time he showed up was when I was on the fence about my Rolex (he told me to buy it, and I did, and I've loved it).

My question I suppose is how does the WG small LOVE wear? Is it plated? Does it peel? A friend who had the cuff told me that their cuff peeled, so I want to avoid that.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ok, this is going to sound super weird. I had a dream the other night and I was at a garden party sponsored by Cartier and I was trying on things. I tried on a small Cartier Love WG bracelet. My (dead for 20+ years) father was standing next to me in the dream, telling me he loved it, especially the locking mechanism.

Now I have been considering a YG LOVE cuff, and had been considering the YG small LOVE as well -- but well, it was a very vivid yes in the dream. The last time he showed up was when I was on the fence about my Rolex (he told me to buy it, and I did, and I've loved it).

My question I suppose is how does the WG small LOVE wear? Is it plated? Does it peel? A friend who had the cuff told me that their cuff peeled, so I want to avoid that.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
I think you should go for the YG small LOVE. I have both the YG and WG versions. I love them equally and they both wear well. They are super light and just fun to stack with other jewelry or to wear alone.

I would skip the cuff.
IMG_2410.JPGIMG_2418.JPGIMG_1842.jpegIMG_3376.JPG

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Gold is not naturally white. Gold is yellow. To turn it into a white color, they must add/coated jewelry with palladium or rhodium or both. However, the coating (palladium or rhodium) does wear off, which is what you meant by "peeling", and the jewelry will turn yellowish (because it has yellow gold as a base). That happens after years of wear (depending on many factors). You would need to have the jewelry re-coated with rhodium. For this reason, I prefer yellow gold or platinum only. Some might claim that their white gold jewelry never "turns" yellow, but it will eventually and subtly. There is no "peeling" in 18k gold because it is a precious metal and not "plated."

Last edited:
Gold is not naturally white. Gold is yellow. To turn it into a white color, they must add/coated jewelry with palladium or rhodium or both. However, the coating (palladium or rhodium) does wear off, which is what you meant by "peeling", and the jewelry will turn yellowish (because it has yellow gold as a base). That happens after years of wear (depending on many factors). You would need to have the jewelry re-coated with rhodium. For this reason, I prefer yellow gold or platinum only. Some might claim that their white gold jewelry never "turns" yellow, but it will eventually and subtly. There is no "peeling" in 18k gold because it is a precious metal and not "plated."

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I know all that about gold. It's fairly obvious.

But my friend with the Cartier Love cuff in WG complained about "peeling." Now maybe they *meant* it wore off, but they used the word "peeling."

That was what my comment was referring to.

Based on how my WG Trinity ring has worn over time (not peeling, just dull), I probably will avoid WG.

Thanks all for the comments.