carrying LV=attention seeker??

I think it was a rather rude comment for her to make.

I do think it looks a bit tacky if someone is decked out in nothing but logos and monograms (just too much and too loud for my taste) or if they buy designer only because it's designer and they want the prestige and image associated with it.

Otherwise, love what you have no-name or named brand =)

Honestly...I have thought of this before myself....

After I bought my LVs...I did get some attention that I liked and some I didnt like...and it made me think about carring such a well known brand and what others might think...:shame: ..I just like what I like though, so I dont think about it anymore......:P

I specifically bought the Mini Lin Speedy and some black on black Monogram Guccis because they are not as "flashy" as some other styles. But I buy my bags because I like them and I wanna treat myself. So I'm definitely not trying to grab anyones attention. Those women were probably just jealous, because they knew how expensive that ladys bag was.

This is off topic, but I was just wondering the other day what bags Queen Elizabeth II carries? The idea of her carrying a Miroir Alma like Paris Hilton made me giggle. I looked it up, and it seems most of her handbags are black, and made by a company called "Launer" which holds the Royal Warrant to produce her handbags. They do some very classy, understated bags.

Wallets, Purses and Handbags

I agree. I can't imagine Queen Elizabeth II carrying the latest 'IT' bag. Queen Elizabeth II carrying lv mirroir alma? hmm. lv speedy okie but not mirroir line.:shrugs: i love her bags. they are so elegant and classy.:love:

Sounds like two very jealous *****es.:yes: I wouldnt worry about their 2cent. Enjoy your bag and toss her comments to the wind..

a rather long post, sori :sad:

My colleague and i were having brunch the other day with clients. Since we arrived first, i placed my MC speedy on an extra chair next to me so it wasn't visible from eye level. My fellow colleague was carrying one of her gucci bags as well. Next to us, there was this posh middle age lady who was eating while hugging her hermes bag.Anyway, when the clients came (2 females), one of them said to us in a low voice "dont you just hate those attention-seeker designer bags woman?? while rolling her eyes at the lady who was hugging her hermes bag.. my colleague and i exchange confused glaces as we were both speecless.. and she continued to "lecture" us on how women who carry designer bags are deprived of attention and hence making up for it by purchasing expensive bags to get other ppl's attention. Her colleague chipped in every now and then to agree..throughout the brunch, i was trying to squash my mc speedy so that she won't take a look at it..at the end of it, my colleague and i have to make up excuses so as we don't have to leave the restaurant together and let them leave first.

Anyway, what do u guys think?? is it true or was she just being *****y?? i won't deny that i do get extra attention when im carrying my LV bags or other designer bags.. strangers tend to be more polite and attentive. i do enjoy these little perks that comes with the bags but i didn't buy my bags for those reasons.. i know some LV lines are a bit "loud" like MC or graffiti and some ppl might perceived it as attention grabbing.. but there are other LV lines that are more subtle (suhali, epi) and most of non LV fans don't even know they exist...sigh

the lady has this crocodile skin hermes bag.. it was rather big. The colour is rather brownish/greenish with a mixture of white.. im sori, im not really familiar with Hermes bag. Just know that the bag is the famous Hermes bag :smile:

i think it's a tri-color croc birkin. i can't think of any brownish/greenish croc.:shrugs: cocoan croc looks completely brown, forest green croc looks completely dark green. hers must be a special order. omgd! since it's a croc birkin, the white is also croc? white croc is so hard to get. i wish i can get my hands on it.:love:

Just her opinion. (Unsolicited, albeit)
I think if I'm honest w/myself, I carry my speedy for a bit of attention. THat's hard for me to admit because I don't seek attention from others. But, I think I love it so much, the feel, the look...that it does, on some level, make me feel a bit giddy (I refuse to say it makes me 'feel good'...cuz I already 'feel good & happy' w/out the bag) when it's noticed. Maybe...like a confirmation of good taste?!
I would never have hid my bag though as that would feel to me like I should be ashamed of my choices/purchases, and I'm not. Not that your goal should be to make her feel bad, but I think had she seen the bags you two were carrying, she would have wanted to crawl in a hole...she was likely 'carrying on' thinking you were 'on her side' re: the issue. It would have actually taught her a lesson on thinking before speaking.

Yeah, they're haters and need to chill. People who spend their money on designer items are always being judged. Fact of life. The funniest is the haters who blab about people carrying LV, Hermes, Fendi, etc. but if you look closely at their handbag collection, there's always that wanna-be designer piece. That it in itself contradicts everything they say.

By acknowledging her bag (even in such a rude way) they are giving her the attention that they were, at the same time, were complaining about. And its none of their business why someone is carrying a certain bag!

Sounds like full on jealousy to me. Quite honestly Hermes is an understated bag with no obvious logos and the fact that the two women even knew it was a Hermes means they know something about designer handbags and are probably jealous about the fact that they don't/can't own one.

some ppl aren't into bags and don't see why ppl spend so much on them. HOWEVER, others are into OTHER things. for example, if someone is into gardening, she is going to buy the best she can for her gardening. in her gardening circle that will be impressive. ppl who are into cars, the same thing. heck- ppl even do it w/degrees and the universities they attended! so- just b/c those ladies didn't appreciate a nice purse, doesn't mean they don't spend their $ someplace that you might find foolish. love your bag!!!