Can someone explain the purse charm thing to a newbie?

skadinger

O.G.
Apr 29, 2007
I see all of these cute little charms in the Coach store and on all of your gorgeous purses. Can someone explain this to me? Where are they supposed to go on your purse? Do you just use them to individualize your purse? These aren't keychains, right? Aren't they just charms? Any rules I should know about in this area?

Can you tell I'm SUCH a Coach newbie???

They are decoration. If you see one you like clip it to your purse. Some gals put two on if they coordinate well. I guess the only rule is do what makes you feel happy. If you are carrying a small purse just try not to overwhelm the purse with three charms, a scarf, and a wristlet tied on.
I don't use charms - but lots of gals do. They are very popular.

These aren't keychains, right? Aren't they just charms? Any rules I should know about in this area?

Can you tell I'm SUCH a Coach newbie???

You can totally use them as keychains! (and many of the charms are more affordable than Coach keychains...but you didn't hear me say that...:whistle: )

No rules..just have fun with them!

They brighten up "plain" purses (they don't have to be just COACH) and help better stylize beautiful bags. I LOVE the charms . . . oh and as dewey drop said, they're cheaper (and more functional/versatile and at times prettier) than keychains so you can't go wrong.

Im a Coach charm/keychain lover. Here is a pic. of just one out of several I have put together. No rules they're just fun and cute imo;)

Attachments

• Ebay Pics 031.jpg
    Ebay Pics 031.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 91
You can put a keychain on your bag if you like it! I do! I think some of the keychains are much cuter than the charms. You could even add a cell phone Charm to your bag. Here are some of mine.

c3-1.jpg

c7-1.jpg

This one is now on one of my bags too as I have a different phone now that doesn't have a layard holder thing.
c11.jpg

It just adds a little something to your bag. Maybe shows a bit of your personality?
Like adding a turtle if you like turtles, or a daisy or a skull, etc. There are no rules. Just whatever makes you happy and that you think looks good.
Just try not to overcrowd/overwhelm your bag.

I've been meaning to get a couple of charms to use as keychains. I like that most of the charms have the dogleash closure (the keychains don't, as a rule) and can be clipped to the little loop that Coach puts in all of their handbags...I usually carry a larger bag, and that will cut WAY down on having to hunt for my keys!

- TwoSirius