Can eBay sellers actually do this?

1. Oh man, I'm pissed :mad: I decided that I did want to buy the Chanel cuff I've been wanting for the last couple of months. It's not available at the boutiques anymore, so I decided to look on eBay. I found one with a BIN only $10 above retail, but the auction states that I need to be on the seller's pre-approved bidders list before I can buy it.

I contact the seller, asking to be placed on the list, and this is the response I get :mad:

What the :censor: ?! So unless I buy something that isn't on their "list", the seller will raise the price $40? I've decided to take the high road and not respond. If I did, it would include a lot of :censor: :censor: :censor:

Has this happened to anyone else before? Isn't this considered price gouging? Can sellers legally do this on eBay? Argh, this makes me angry!

2. I've not bought much off eBay, so I don't know a lot about their practices, but this sounds ridiculous. I don't blame you for being mad:mad:!

3. I've never heard of this before, but I think it is utterly shameless!! Sellers will try to get away with anything, it seems. I find it very dishonest.

4. I'd contact ebay.
    It doesn't SOUND like something that's allowed.

5. I do find it odd. Pre-approval is usually used to make sure that the buyer has some positive feedback or something like that.

6. PS It definitely *should* be against ebay's rules -- it must be!

7. Cristina I would be pissed too. That is terrible and I am sure that it is against the rules. Contact ebay- heck, even if it IS against the rules, they will probably ignore it anyway. But its definitely worth a shot!

Sorry you ran into such an unscrupulous seller!

8. WELL, I never (as my NANA used to say!) that is ridiculous.

9. i can't imagine that that's allowed, contact ebay.

10. yeah contact ebay and make sure u forward the message u received..

11. Ugghhh....it's DEFINITELY not allowed! Quickly report this member to ebay. Report it in several of their forum choices.

If you want to answer, just ask the seller to point out where in the ebay rules it states that this is allowed. I think they'll get the hint...

12. I have never heard of such a thing!

13. :mad: That is horrible - what is that seller thinking

14. totally messed up, contact ebay!

15. I used to like ebay but now i dont think i do.