Cambon fakes

actually, if that happened to me i would be a tiny bit annoyed but mainly, just chalk it up to total naivete and cluelessness, kind of like people who eat steak and eggs 3 times a day and have never heard of the cholesterol connection...............
a person of taste and class would never question a real bag...........and who needs to prove anything to those that do?
just be proud of your gorgeous authentic Chanels

In no way do I support counterfeit items of any kind, but I do have to say that it's all about priorities. Some people like expensive jewelry, some like expensive handbags. Her priorities obviously lie elsewhere. Having a lot of money doesn't mean that someone is going to buy something simply b/c it's pricey. Not an excuse, but I still had to say it.

yes but she owns 100s of fakes..............she spends alot of money on them lol.

it would be different if she had one fake purse.........

I wouldn't worry about it at all. You have the satisfaction of knowing that your bag is the real thing. Fakes give themselves away every time...just carry your Cambon with pride.
I have a black on black cambon tote, it is real, and I love it.

I have a patent black on black too. I haven't seen any fakes of this color combo yet. Has anyone?

I really wanted a cambon too, I actually still do. I just went to a festival yesterday and oh my, I saw like 6 fake cambon totes. Some in black some in white. They were soo obvious, I mean the things were shiny. I would love to have one, but to have people think mine is a fake would be tragic.

For the record, I have a beige/black Reporter, pink/black medium tote and black/white large tote and love them!

I used to get really mad at fakes since I thought they made my authentic bags look bad (i.e. the idea that there are so many Cambon/LV fakes, everyone carrying them must have a fake or being afraid that others might think MY bag is fake). But then I realized that I don't care so much and I know that my bags are real and that's all that matters. If others want to spend (aka waste) money on a bag that won't fall apart and is illegal then let them find out their own way the repercussions that it will have. But I'm not going to NOT buy something I love just because fakes exist.

OMG! That's soo rude and upsetting!! That happened to me in the office when a friend of my mom asked me where do I get my handbags.. Then, she said "Do you get your handbags in China?!" Damn.. I want to slap her face at that time (good thing she's my mom's friend!!! so I kept my temper down..) and I just told her that I get it right from the boutique or from the second-hand shop here in Hong Kong!

I love my cambon bowler. It's kinda subtle cuz it's black on black and not patent. So I don't even think most people know I'm carrying a Chanel nevermind real or fake.
BUT I KNOW.:wlae::wlae::wlae:

I love my large Cambon tote, but since I have moved I never use it. I was out running errands on a saturday with the BF and I saw 6 fake Cambons, not one real one. I told my BF I was going to :sick: if I saw one more fake bag. He thought I was crazy and then said "they look just like yours, what is the difference?" I had to give him a quick a simple "man friendly" version of fake vs. real.

I still love my bag and I know it is silly to even care about all the fakes, but still.....it is annoying.

I hate fakes too, but I don't get too mad if someone asks me if mine was fake. I just say, "of course, I hate fakes!" Which is quickly followed by them asking me "How much was it?" I hate that question more than the is it fake question. :eyeroll:

I hate fakes too, but I don't get too mad if someone asks me if mine was fake. I just say, "of course, I hate fakes!" Which is quickly followed by them asking me "How much was it?" I hate that question more than the is it fake question. :eyeroll:

When someone asks me about price, sometimes I tell the price and the response is "that's crazy". My response to that is "it's not crazy if I can afford it and want to. Eat your heart out!" It doesn't annoy me though for some reason. I've always thought imitation was a form of flattery and in this case imitation is actually illegal. Plus you get what you pay for. I can tell the difference in the leather and quality. I love my cambon and don't care about the fakes except that they hurt legitimate businesses. I don't want a fake Cartier or a fake designer handbag. All I care about is I know what I own. I don't care about the rest. And again, it does not make me enjoy my things any less. It doesn't matter to me at all.