Calling all Epi leather lovers...

WHen I got mine 2 months ago-i purchased a soft epi speedy 30 in black from e-lux. As I said it is stiff, but ihaven't had any problems with scratches and i use it on weekends and going shopping....
I haven't got my alma yet-expect it today but I'm sur I'm going to luv the handheld , a SA at a store told me that she has no problem putting a little higher on her arm and with a 9 month old , she had no problem carring both.

My kids are grown, all I'll need is enuf to carry a shopping bag or two........... i'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET IT.

I have an Epi Petit Noe. I love the structure of it. Even when it does soften, it still has structure to it. Its the way its made. In time it should grow on you but if not, take it back and get what you really love.

Becca4277 said:
Thanks you for the feedback! ;) Bluekit was right on the money when she said the handles were a bit uncomfortable. I have a mono speedy 30 and is just seems like that bag is a bit easier to carry.

I do need to give it more time; I do like the look of the bag. I guess I just needed the reasurance that the look is classic. It snowed here this morning :huh: so I will use the bag again today to try to break it in; that is the nice thing about th epi leather, I am not so scared to take it out when the weather is not great. I got stuck in the pouring rain last weekend with my new Batignolles V. and I was hiding it under my jacket so not to get it wet. It was a site to be seen!!

Thanks again!

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, but I posted almost exactly the same dilemma about my black epi speedy 25 only a couple of weeks ago! I also decided to keep mine, and don't regret it. I hope you enjoy yours!

I have two 30 epi speedy's (fawn and black) and the handles are still stiff. I wear my epi Alma more. I actually use the shoulder strap and it works pretty well. I like the strap because sometimes you really need your hands free.

luvboogie said:
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, but I posted almost exactly the same dilemma about my black epi speedy 25 only a couple of weeks ago! I also decided to keep mine, and don't regret it. I hope you enjoy yours!

Sorry I missed your post! Good to know that I am not alone! So glad you kept your bag and you are happy with it; I have a feeling that it will become one of my favorites. :noworry:

Sappho - I don't think epis are easy to scratch. They are IMO the most durable of all LV materials. The handles on the Jasmin is a lot easier sitting on my arm. The Jasmin handles are "skinnier" and longer than the handles for the Epi speedy.

winterpearls, I tried on the new epi speedy with silver hardware and it was as "stiff" as the old epis. :\

I have a blue one and it is a bit uncomfy to carry around but it looks so nice and the color is sooo great that I just will never sell it and since I don't use it daily, it totally works for me. I like that the epi is stiffer cause I like that look and not the sagging look.

Over the weekend I was at the LV store looking at the 25 black epi speedy with silver...it was a beauty!! But I did notice the handles were quite small (I have an ellipse and these handles were way smaller than that) and I had to walk away from the bag...maybe you should try the Jasmin!! The black epi with silver is really stunning!!

I love the style of the speedy and had it in black and lilac. After carrying it for awhile it did develop these wrinkles in the bag where the bag buckled and it started to really bother me. I have heard of other speedy owners with the same issue. I switched over to the epi alma and like it alot more...I can carry more and it obviously keeps its shape much better. My favorite handheld epi bag is definitely the alma now.