BV at Saks NYC stinks

shopaholicsister

Chanel fever
O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
The title says it all. I spoke with Helen about a month ago looking for a bag to buy during F&F. She had the bag I wanted and said that I should call back a week before the event to put it on hold. So, last week I called and did so. She still had the purse and said holding it would be no problem. She did not offer to pre-sale the bag. I called yesterday to complete the purchase and the other female SA there was unable to help me and Helen was off for the day. The SA I spoke to took my info and told me that while she couldn't find the bag herself, she was sure if Helen told me it was on hold that she had it. Then she took the necessary info for Helen to ring it up first thing today. I asked her to have Helen call me when she got in. I never got a call from Helen today. I finally called her, only to have her tell me that she didn't remember the hold and that they are only allowed to hold the bag for two days. It was her last one and she didn't have it any more and she didn't know what else to tell me. :cursing:

Luckily, I was able to find it at another Saks location, but I am really irritated at Helen's utter lack of service. After speaking to her twice and being clear in my expectations, I feel this situation is unacceptable. Am I being unreasonable? Anyone have a similar experience? I think I may call tomorrow to speak to a manager.

^ITA with you that it sucks and I would definately complain to the manager. There is nothing worse than someone telling you they'll hold a bag for you and then selling it to another customer. She should have been aware of their 2 day policy before offering to keep the bag for you!

I agree that Saks in NYC for BV is horrible. I've found their SAs to be unhelpful on the phone. I think they prefer working with people in person.

Which bag did you get out of curiosity?

I started looking for my first BV last year and fell for the classic ball bag in noce. I debated for the longest time because I wasn't sure how the noce leather would hold up to dirt and normal wear and tear but I finally had to give in because I kept thinking about the bag! And I couldn't resist the 25% F&F discount. Luckily, it looks like it will all work out, but it stinks that one SA could almost totally ruin the fun.

Noce is a great colour - congratulations on your first BV! I hope your bad experience in getting it won't affect your enjoyment of it... that does sound particularly frustrating.

OMG, I was gonna post the same exact topic earlier this afternoon but my network has been acting weird the whole day so can't post till now....

Ok, so I posted a post earlier about wanting to get a BV bag for my dad's bday, so I was thinking to take advantage of this FF sale.
I'm from Boston so I thought the best location for me to place this order would the NYC store, they prob. have more styles & the nearest to me.

So I called up this afternoon, and I get this lady called Fapou (? I have no idea...Ka Pou, whatever)
She was sort of impatient when I first called, told me there's a briefcase, 20 inch wide etc, so I thought it'd be a perfect gift for my dad cuz it can fit his computer and all his stuff, so I placed the order (though she didn't give me much details and sounded unfriendly)

I told my sister about the order right after I placed it, and my sister thought I rushed into the order so she decided to call and asked for details and stuff. What my sister told me was that when she called, this Fapou lady was extremely impatient and unfriendly, still not giving too much details and keep saying about the FF discount. My sister asked if this would be a nice bag to be carried on the shoulder, and she never answered. She asked if there's a picture anywhere, and she said no. My sister was not comfortable spending 2500 on a no-detail bag, so she canceled my order!

I was a little unhappy that my sister just canceled my order so I told her if she could call back and apologize and let the SA know that we have every intention in ordering, but we just would love to know more details about the bag. Then my sister told me the SA sounded very angry and claimed that there was no briefcase at all etc. I'm sure they're all very busy and everything and it was partly our fault that the whole thing was confusing but she didn't need to be rude!

I then called the SF store afterwards and inquire about the BV bags over there, the SA there was very very helpful, she even sent me pictures of the bags. She also told me that they didn't like to deal with the SAs at NYC either lol

Sheesh - what a nightmare. I would definitely call and speak to the handbag manager of that store, plus write a letter. In this time of economic depression, they are lucky people are even buying luxury bags. The unhappy customer will tell far more people about their experience than a happy one does. Look how many people are reading this thread and will now re-evaluate a decision to shop at that store.

I also called. The SA who picked the lined, forgot to ask her name, did not even want to talk to me. she said there were 5 customers waiting there so she could not do any phone order. I just hung up!!! Then I called a day later and spoke to Martell at extension #7737. He was very sweet and extremely helpful. He can do anything in the store, not just the handbags. From now on I will give him all my SAKS phone orders.

Yes! The other SA was Fatou. Part of the aggravation is that when I left my contact and billing info with her, I specifically asked her to have Helen call me before she rang up my order. I would have accepted her calling me right after, or even during, as long as she called me. But instead there was no phone call. Who knows what happened to the info Fatou took down, I can imagine one of them just throwing it away without a second thought. And if I hadn't followed up with them, neither Fatou nor Helen would have at least given me the courtesy to call and tell me they didn't have my bag any more. I would have missed F&F while thinking my bag was on its way. And, of course, when I finally spoke to Helen she didn't even offer to locate one for me. :confused1:

I'm sorry anyone had to go through something similar, but its nice to know I wasn't alone in my bad experience with them :smile:

I bought a bag during f&f for my mom. i called the day before to put it on hold. helen was semi-helpful on the phone. when i got to the store and saw the disarray, i was a bit worried that my bag would still be there. helen wasnt there, but the other sa was, and she was able to find my bag. but the attitude i got was horrible. it was like, she was doing me the favor! there were so many people there, and they were making so many sales, that i couldnt understand why she would be anything other than happy. i can understand the stress, but these days any commission should be welcomed. (well any day really)

BUT...on a more interesting note...i went there a few weeks ago on a far less busy day. in fact, no one was in the bottega section. i was carrying a new bv bag and they were drooling over it and trying to encourage me to buy another bag. they were so obvious, and it was very uncomfortable. if it wasn't a sale, i wouldn't buy from them. the bottega locations, other saks and even neimans are much more pleasant.